Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    No. Blazer flushes its webpage cache, not the system dbcache. The webpage cache is stored in a database.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    This says the vulnerability allows searching of SMS messages? How? I can't do that from the find tool.....
    That I am not sure. I have not checked to see what apps are affected.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    No. Blazer flushes its webpage cache, not the system dbcache. The webpage cache is stored in a database.
    Hey D,

Did you see the issues I posted in post #20?

Cheers, Perry
    Just saw it. Thanks. I will keep looking into this. I had some similar issues...
    I'll have a fix in a couple of hours (going to be on the road soon, heading home from college for the weekend). I know how to replace this.
    As a note, I downloaded/installed Warden and was able to get around its security lockout three times, so frankly it is not at all secure. The way I worked around it: TakePhone is installed and it is set to take control of the device after a phone call and that is exactly what it did and upon it taking control, the device was ready to use. TealLock prevents that.

Ben
    Ok, here is the new build! This should six the issue that Perry pointed out. Please delete the previous version!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Some other security/find button replacement apps (like Genius) do the same thing as my fix. It is probably a good idea to place my fix on the device anyway. That way you don't need to worry about whether or not your favorite app is susceptible to this flaw.

Basically all this fix does is sit and listen for the find key being pressed, then when it is pressed it checks to see if the device is locked, if it is, it stops the key from making it to the system.
    Last edited by dkirker; 02/15/2007 at 09:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Just tried it on the Sprint 700P. It seems to be working great, thanks!
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Deleted first version . . . .
    Installed second version . . .
    Prior issues detailed have not re-occurred
    So far, so good.

Cheers, Perry
    I like how I misspell things..

This version removes a couple lines of code (makes file a few bytes smaller, and a minutely bit faster, unnoticeable to the human), and fixes the name (should have been SecurityLockFindFix and not SecuritLockFindFix).

Please delete the older version.

This should be the last update, unless there are any bugs.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Deleted first version . . . .
    Installed second version . . .
    Prior issues detailed have not re-occurred
    So far, so good.

Cheers, Perry
    Glad to hear that it appears to work.
    This fixes the search problem with TealLock 6. DKirker, thank you for a quick fix.

Ben
    Glad to hear that it appears to work.
    Installed "Version 3"

I will keep you posted . . . . .

Thanks Again !!
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I found after installing that it (version 3, and perhaps the others) conflict with DialbyPhoto and Treo Launcher. Basically without SecurityLockFindFix installed the home hard key and phone hard key on the 700P go to the above apps and toggle according to the settings in the apps. With SecurityLockFindFix installed the hard keys toggle between the apps and the system default launcher and the default phone app. respectively.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I checked also while the device was actually calling my other cell phone and was able to obtain information; however, I could not activate any applications or defeat the security any further than this. This with TealLock 6.

Ben
    I've tried to reproduce the above, but my TealLock 6 refuses to let Find search ?

Have you got any apps in the TL6 "Protected Apps" list, as this racks up the security level by TL quite a lot. This precaution gets round the Warm Reset not locking fault that some users mistakenly report.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T View Post
    I found after installing that it (version 3, and perhaps the others) conflict with DialbyPhoto and Treo Launcher. Basically without SecurityLockFindFix installed the home hard key and phone hard key on the 700P go to the above apps and toggle according to the settings in the apps. With SecurityLockFindFix installed the hard keys toggle between the apps and the system default launcher and the default phone app. respectively.
    I will be able to look into this when Gx5 fixes their registration system so that you can trial an updated version after the old version has "expired."
    I like how I misspell things..

This version removes a couple lines of code (makes file a few bytes smaller, and a minutely bit faster, unnoticeable to the human), and fixes the name (should have been SecurityLockFindFix and not SecuritLockFindFix).

Please delete the older version.

This should be the last update, unless there are any bugs.
    I'm not getting this to work. I use findhack on my Treo650. The usual find button still opens findhack for me. If I disable findhack, then it works fine.
    Treo 650 Verizon
    I will see what I can do and release what I get later today.

I think that FindHack is getting to the key faster than me.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast