Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am not sure, so I could be wrong about this, but I believe that so-called "fix" is fraudulent. It does not come from Palm, as far as I can tell, and nobody has posted a link to Palm. It is always linked to someone else, usually from a very cold Northern clime (where organs sell at extremely elevated prices for transplant purposes), with no attribution to Palm itself. The various elements of the "fix" have not apparent rational basis, and, as I say, certainly no Palm bona fides. Reach your own conclusions.

But here is a link that called it a myth, then some posters defended it, then some said it caused serious malfunctions. Maybe it's better to let Palm speak for itself in terms of so-called fixes:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=134424
    Last edited by mdavis; 02/19/2007 at 04:01 PM.
    I agree (not necessarily about the link with organ trading vikings), but I do agree that this particular trick is pretty doubtful and I havent seen any evidence that people have substantiated the various steps, and it doesnt really make much sense. My guess is that someone tried a complicated series of steps back in the pre-camera patch days. This elaborate process will trigger a soft reset (because the battery is removed), so the drain would have been fixed at least temporarily, and they did not bother to work out which step in the process was effective and just suggested that people repeat everything as they did it. I can say that it isnt necessary to get good performance, cos I never did it.
    What you describe is pretty much the classic definition of superstition. The organ data, however, is based on fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    What you describe is pretty much the classic definition of superstition. The organ data, however, is based on fact.
    Yes. We should be glad that they were not hopping on one leg, singing "God save the queen" when they did it.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    They did leave out the dancing-in-your-underwear -shouting-"umtootooum" step; which I, brilliantly did not, here in my office.

Hey, whatever it takes.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12