1.    #1  
    I found this utility on PalmGear:

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=1&prodID=6601

It's free and claims to automatically update DST. It also adds a new DST control into preferences. I can't confirm that it works, but it seems to be just the thing my aging Treo 600 needs to adjust to the upcoming time change.

Hope this helps somebody....
    You can also edit you default city to the new DST start and end Sundays. . . . . . . .

System
    Prefs
    Date & Time
    scroll arrow on city selection
    go to bottom
    select edit
    select city desired
    edit DST settings
  3.    #3  
    I believe that only works on Treo 650 and newer... with the 600, you have to go through the CityTime application, but the concept is pretty much the same. However, for completeness sake you would have to change all of the cities in the US and Canada that are affected.

Honestly, I'm not sure which approach is better. I just thought I'd mention the utility in case anyone wants to check it out.
    Not sure -- but I think you only have to edit the city you have selected as your default -- but obviously have not tested this. . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    You can also edit you default city to the new DST start and end Sundays. . . . . . . .

System
    Prefs
    Date & Time
    scroll arrow on city selection
    go to bottom
    select edit
    select city desired
    edit DST settings
    Perry,
    All of the above is only applicable if you not using the date and time from the mobile network. Right?

TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Perry,
    All of the above is only applicable if you not using the date and time from the mobile network. Right?

TIA

Yes, if you have network time enabled, these settings are not in play. . . . . . .

. . . . . . and the network should then be in charge of having the right DST start and finish handled for you. . . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Yes, if you have network time enabled, these settings are not in play. . . . . . .

. . . . . . and the network should then be in charge of having the right DST start and finish handled for you. . . . . .

I guess there are more folks than I assumed that are not using the network connection for time.

Anyway, looks like I'm good to go.
    Tks for the info Perry.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    My understanding is that using the network connection for time is another battery drain, although by how much I don't know. The 680 seems to keep pretty good time so I don't really need a constant check. I changed the DST settings for the town I live in.

Bob
    Well, using network connection time or programs such as this would solve only part of the problem - which is to change the current time set on your treo according to the new rules. What I need however is - change the dst rules for all the cities in the Treo's database that are affected (i.e. US & Canadian cities). because first of all where I live there is no DST change. So my own time doesn't need to change. BUT I have to frequently schedule conf calls/video confs with people in US/Canada or elsewhere. On the Treo 650 which I use, while creating a meeting I can choose time for a city other than mine (i.e. a different time zone). Unless the rules in the database are patched this will keep resulting in the wrong time! The Blackberry guys have released a patch that you can apply to your BB to do this. I was hoping Palm would be considerate enough to do the same for Palm OS. Sigh! I guess I have no alternative but to painfully edit each city in the database.
    Satish Joshi