1.    #1  
    I just recieved a new sync cable for my girlfriends treo 650 in the mail. I plugged it in and went to find the button to hot-sync it and there is no button on the cable. Has anyone seen one like this before, is there a way to start the hot-sync without the button. Please let me know. Thank you.
    You can start it manually with the HotSync app on the Treo.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    The Mobi cradle for 680 has a sync button on the front of the base. I love mine.

But it sounds like you ordered the wrong usb cable or they sen tyou the wrong one. The one that came with my 680 has a button for syncing.
    Last edited by flowerbliss; 02/15/2007 at 11:47 PM. Reason: not clear first line that I was referring to the topic
    Quote Originally Posted by smokindodge View Post
    I just recieved a new sync cable for my girlfriends treo 650 in the mail. I plugged it in and went to find the button to hot-sync it and there is no button on the cable. Has anyone seen one like this before, is there a way to start the hot-sync without the button. Please let me know. Thank you.
    Manually start the Hot Sync app on the Treo, then just tap the sync icon in the middle of the screen. That will start the sync operation.
    Thank a teacher because you can read
    Thank a SOLDIER because you are free to read.
    I do have a question for anyone who may have a similar situation. I am getting a 650 to replace my old 600, but my wife wants to use the 600. Is there a version of Hotsync that will/can sync both phones with Outlook? Everything I read says to replace the version for the 600 when I move to the 650, so how will I sync the 600?
    Thank a teacher because you can read
    Thank a SOLDIER because you are free to read.
    Seidio makes them with and without button. The buttonless cable is for those who like to save some money.

There is also one that has an extra plug so you can charge the Treo headset and the phone at the same time. I use that one regularly. Bad thing is, the plug is not as snug as the original Treo cable.
    Install the hotsync for the treo 600 first and then sync your phone. Then install the hotsync for the 650 and then sync both phones. There shouldn't be any problems. I have a 650 and my mom and brother have 600. I didn't have any promblems with using the new software on the old phones.