Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I debated for several months - I finally got it yesterday and signed up with T-Mobile. Finally decided to drop my Verizon account.

Love the phone - I wasn't sure what to expect regarding the battery problem, but mine is holding up pretty well. I charged it up last night and it's 1:27pm and I have 48%. I do believe that my 650 faired much better, but now I have more memory! What a BIG BIG difference. So far, I loaded everything that was on the Palm CD plus my usuals: ZLauncher, AdobeReader, PalmReader, Mahjongg, Vindigo, DateBk5, and upgraded Pocketunes. I still have to installed Directory Assist, GoggleMaps, and Happy Days. I'm looking for more software that I've wanted to load but didn't because of the pitiful 650 memory.

I have to get used to the placement of the Menu key (seems a strange place for it - I have to stretch my thumb down more to reach it). Also, I'm missing KeyCaps since it's not compatiable to the 680. The volume is so much better - I haven't installed VolumeCare.

Bluetooth working very very well with my Moto HS850 - it didn't fair well with the 650.

Oh, I love the Crimson color. I wasn't sure what color to get and wasn't sure I wanted to have any color on my PDA. But as I look at it on my desk, I'm truly lovin' it!

I have read how this phone is for the "other" consumers - affordable and easier to use. But I find this ideal also for the business user - granted, I'm not a heavy business user - but with the added memory and faster processor makes it a big upgrade from my 650. BTW, it's not that affordable (I got the unlocked version from Palm).

So far, it's running great - I like TMO - their plans are so much cheaper than Verizon (plan - $49 1000 minutes, TZone $5.99, Text 400 for $5.00). Now. to see how they hold up on their signal strength - though Verizon will probably win hands down. I'm currently working over in Redwood Shores, and it's pretty spotty in this one part of our building. Overall, it's working fine. We'll be travelling to the Central Coast this weekend - let's see how it holds out.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Congratulations !
    Congrats! You picked the best colour, too.
    Where did you get it at? The unlocked color phones are becoming hard to find (even thought Palm has the Copper one on the site as I write this ).

You'll like using it with Tmobile as well. I have Tzones for $5.99, and for some reason, I get full Internet access. Not sure why. I only want to be able to check my email, but when playing around with it, I can go just about anywhere.

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Where did you get it at? The unlocked color phones are becoming hard to find (even thought Palm has the Copper one on the site as I write this ).

You'll like using it with Tmobile as well. I have Tzones for $5.99, and for some reason, I get full Internet access. Not sure why. I only want to be able to check my email, but when playing around with it, I can go just about anywhere.

Hi there,
    I got my Crimson at the Palm Store in the Stanford Shopping Center. It was their last one! I called the 2 SFO (airport) Palm stores and they didn't have them. I didn't realize it was getting harder to get one at that time until reading this forum this past week. Since I work in Redwood City, I just went on my lunch hour, got it, drove across the street to TMO and signed up with them.

Yes, I am able to get on the internet with Tzones - which I see on their website, is now called T-Mobile Web. I was told that I may not be able to use T-Mobile Web and if it didn't work to come back and get the T-Mobile Internet - at $29/mo. How long have you been with TMO with the 680? You haven't seen any additional charges for internet use on your bill, have you?

Right now, my only concern is that I have a spotty connection in my office cube. But with a hint of a connection, I am able to receive a call - but cannot call out. I have a co-worker in a cube not too far from me and never gets a connection, but is able to receive a call. Interesting. Thank goodness for office phones!
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    Hi there,
    I got my Crimson at the Palm Store in the Stanford Shopping Center. It was their last one! I called the 2 SFO (airport) Palm stores and they didn't have them. I didn't realize it was getting harder to get one at that time until reading this forum this past week. Since I work in Redwood City, I just went on my lunch hour, got it, drove across the street to TMO and signed up with them.

Yes, I am able to get on the internet with Tzones - which I see on their website, is now called T-Mobile Web. I was told that I may not be able to use T-Mobile Web and if it didn't work to come back and get the T-Mobile Internet - at $29/mo. How long have you been with TMO with the 680? You haven't seen any additional charges for internet use on your bill, have you?

Right now, my only concern is that I have a spotty connection in my office cube. But with a hint of a connection, I am able to receive a call - but cannot call out. I have a co-worker in a cube not too far from me and never gets a connection, but is able to receive a call. Interesting. Thank goodness for office phones!
    There are actually whole threads about this T-Zones thing here at TC and on other forums. The consensus is that T-Zones works exactly like the full internet service, with no extra charges. After reading all of the threads, I recently switched from the full internet option to T-Zones and it's worked flawlessly, except that every time you do a reset, it defaults back to the full internet option in your settings and you have to go to Prefs>Network to select T-Zones again. There are threads about this, too (see here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh....php?t=136121). I have TMO 1500 minutes for $39.99 and $5.99 T-Zones, $2.99 for 300 text messages, which I think is an awesome deal!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    There are actually whole threads about this T-Zones thing here at TC and on other forums. The consensus is that T-Zones works exactly like the full internet service, with no extra charges. After reading all of the threads, I recently switched from the full internet option to T-Zones and it's worked flawlessly, except that every time you do a reset, it defaults back to the full internet option in your settings and you have to go to Prefs>Network to select T-Zones again. There are threads about this, too (see here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=136121). I have TMO 1500 minutes for $39.99 and $5.99 T-Zones, $2.99 for 300 text messages, which I think is an awesome deal!

Hi ChristieC,
    Yup, I read those postings/threads. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to get slammed unexpectedly with a huge bill, so thought I'd ask here.

Wow, you got 1500 minutes for $39.99!! I missed out on that promo. Yes, I'm loving T-zones. I was on Verizon and didn't sign up for their internet service - so darned expensive! I read about people's experience w/ T-zones on here and when I went in the TMO store, I asked specifically for T-zones and not TMO Internet. So sooo nice to be able to use Blazer more than just a few minutes during the day!!
    Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    Hi ChristieC,
    Wow, you got 1500 minutes for $39.99!! I missed out on that promo.

Yep, I got lucky on that one. I got it probably a couple of years ago -- saw it offered, changed from a higher-priced TMO plan with fewer minutes and signed a new 1-year contract. It wasn't too long after I signed up that I saw it wasn't offered anymore! That kind of pricing, and the $5.99 for internet, make for a VERY loyal customer!!

And congrats on your new Crimson -- that's what I have, as well, and IMHO it's by far the sexiest color! I had a 650 before and I love, love, love the 680 in comparison (all of the issues people have posted here aside, the 680 has been an amazing experience for me).
    I have a crimson too!! Great choice
    m100 Zire 72 Treo 650 Treo 680
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    Yep, I got lucky on that one. I got it probably a couple of years ago -- saw it offered, changed from a higher-priced TMO plan with fewer minutes and signed a new 1-year contract. It wasn't too long after I signed up that I saw it wasn't offered anymore! That kind of pricing, and the $5.99 for internet, make for a VERY loyal customer!!

And congrats on your new Crimson -- that's what I have, as well, and IMHO it's by far the sexiest color! I had a 650 before and I love, love, love the 680 in comparison (all of the issues people have posted here aside, the 680 has been an amazing experience for me).

I have to agree with you in regards to the "issues" folks have been having here - plainly, it is so much a better than the 650 (which I also upgraded from). I didn't want a WM version since I've been a Palm supporter since the Visor 2mb -- with many purchased Palm applications.

Yes, red is a sexy color.

Quote Originally Posted by employedslacker
    I have a crimson too!! Great choice
    I love your user id!! I'm sure you're not a slacker.