1.    #1  
    Can somebody please help me I had my Palm Treo 700 p for two months now. I have all my number in my address book but when people call me all of them come up as unknown calls. I donít understand why all the number thatís in my contacts list come up as unknown if you know how I can fix this problem please help thank you.
  2.    #2  
    anybody?
    What is the format of your #s in contacts? And where are the numbers . . .

How did you load them? Any unseen spaces or characters?

Area codes or no?
  4.    #4  
    When I first got the phone I just put all of my numbers in by hand. The only character I used was the dash Ė for my numbers. It was working fine I did hotsyncís with no problem. Then out the blue it just started acting up. It will show the number and come up as unknown caller, and it would be a number thatís in my contacts list. The picture would show and the number but it will say unknown caller its driving me crazy. I did a hard reset and did all my numbers by hand and a few days later the same thing. If you or anybody could help it would be great
    What 3rd party software do you have installed?

Are you using the Palm Desktop or Outlook for contact syncing?
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/16/2007 at 12:20 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    What 3rd party software do you have installed?

Are you using the Palm Desktop or Outlook for contact syncing?
    I use the palm desktop for my contacts
  7.    #7  
    Did you find anything out ?
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    gods23,

I am having the same problem. My caller id has worked fine in the past but recently they stopped working. The number will be in my contacts and I still get unknown caller.

hmmm. I wonder if it is a problem with some 3rd party app as Perry suggested. I will need to mess around with it some more when I have time.
    when you put any numbers in your phone book, you should not use any dashes or 1 before the area code. i believe by default, palm recognizes the numbers without dash and the 1 before the area code.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Just wondering, are you near a territory that is considered roaming? Caller ID (I don't believe) works outside of your home area. Could these problems occur when you are roaming?
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Ok, from reading other threads it was mentioned that some people have this problem when Ringo is installed. I did have Ringo, I just uninstalled it. The problem went away. My caller ID is working now.

But...I had the CTU ringer (from the show 24) that Ringo played. Will have to put it in another format that the Palm OS can manage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loondog View Post
    Ok, from reading other threads it was mentioned that some people have this problem when Ringo is installed. I did have Ringo, I just uninstalled it. The problem went away. My caller ID is working now.

But...I had the CTU ringer (from the show 24) that Ringo played. Will have to put it in another format that the Palm OS can manage.
    Ringo has always been buggy for me too. Uninstalled and everything works fine.
    Need information on Real Estate, Please contact me!!!
    www.TheMMTeam.com