1.    #1  
    In the US, TomTom Traffic is a Plus service, but currently available on a Trial (free) basis until June. If you are in a major metropolitan area, I suggest giving it a try.

John
    How does it compare to google maps traffic?
    Google maps displays the speed of the traffic within a certain range. I didn't notice that with tomtom but I need to read up more on their traffic features.

I'm assuming they both use the same traffic data provided by the state highway sensors.
    Former Centro, Treo 700P, Treo 600, Tungsten T, M505 and PalmIII user...currently a Pre owner.
    With TT5, the 30 day US trial of Traffic never ended. Maybe TT6 will be the same.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxdrive10 View Post
    How does it compare to google maps traffic?
    Google maps displays the speed of the traffic within a certain range. I didn't notice that with tomtom but I need to read up more on their traffic features.

I'm assuming they both use the same traffic data provided by the state highway sensors.
    Don't know. The Screen for TT seems to be directed towards just your route. It will give you some more specific info about a traffic issue other than just speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    With TT5, the 30 day US trial of Traffic never ended. Maybe TT6 will be the same.
    I assume it will be the same with TT6 for US users. I think the issue is that the US information is provided so sporadically in various local jurisdictions that TT probably can't justify charging for it.
    I've tried tomtom traffic over the past 6 months all across Los Angeles. It has *never* been right. I don't know if it's just old data or just plain wrong.

Google traffic is WAY better.
    Palm III -> Palm IV -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p