1.    #1  
    is the plastic that color all the way through?
    I've heard it's gray beneath but mine hasn't been scratched enough in the 2 months I've had it to know for sure!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Had mine a few months, Artic (the most popular) and the color doesn't fade. It is real solid. I don't use a holster or case. Just naked w/ no scuffs or fading. What were we talking about again??
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    [QUOTE=Shucks;1198421]Artic (the most popular) [QUOTE]

You keep telling yourself that...
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    I can attest that after dropping mine that the graphite seems to be all the way through and not just paint.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    Had mine a few months, Artic (the most popular) and the color doesn't fade. It is real solid. I don't use a holster or case. Just naked w/ no scuffs or fading. What were we talking about again??
    Just naked? not even a bestskinsever or invisibleshield? it's my precious, how can i not protect it more? Besides such a skin makes it more shiny. I cant wait to see my Copper in bestskinsever. In bluetooth i'm going to call it my name + goldbar ;-) my precious (it's okay to think of Gollum in the lord of the rings
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Mine is crimson, so far ... so good. I have only had it since December. I just ordered one of those Seidio clear cases to help protect it.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ion++ View Post
    Just naked? not even a bestskinsever or invisibleshield? it's my precious, how can i not protect it more? Besides such a skin makes it more shiny. I cant wait to see my Copper in bestskinsever. In bluetooth i'm going to call it my name + goldbar ;-) my precious (it's okay to think of Gollum in the lord of the rings

What is Bestskinever ?
    It appears to be an anodized aluminum shell case. It seems almost like the same material as the iPod Minis and Nanos are made out of.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post
    What is Bestskinever ?
    Geeze, don't you ever search before asking questions? You've posted a number of questions like this the past few days (ones that could have been answered with a simple search).

BestSkinsEver is a thin, transparent film that you apply to your Treo's exterior to protect it. Kind of like those clear bras for cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Geeze, don't you ever search before asking questions? You've posted a number of questions like this the past few days (ones that could have been answered with a simple search).
    I wondered if anyone was ever gonna say something about this...
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post

BestSkinsEver is a thin, transparent film that you apply to your Treo's exterior to protect it. Kind of like those clear bras for cars.
    Can you post a link? Sorry couldn't resist. Just kidding

d-
  13.    #13  
    Yes, I want a link also !!!

Too lazy to search. LOL !
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    It appears to be an anodized aluminum shell case. It seems almost like the same material as the iPod Minis and Nanos are made out of.

yah we wish. its plastic. and if you drop it, it will scuff. my 680 is gray underneath the orange.
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    All colors (crimson, artic, graphite, and copper) are painted on grey plastic. Just turn around the batt. cover to see the real color. Can't image if you ever do it.
    Treo Maniac?
    Mine is solid colored plastic which would be the cheapest way to manufacture this products.

There are parts inside that are gray since it's also makes sense to minimize the number of colors produced and make the unseen common parts only one color. The color parts are definitely NOT painted. Why would anyone producing in these quantities add a painting step which would increase the cost by a very significant amount.