1.    #1  
    The Treo 650 ranks third on eBay's top ten cell phone list after the Motorola RAZR and the Sidekick. It is the only Treo to make the list.
    I still can't bring myself to sell mine...
    I actually wouldn't mind buying a busted one if the shell is in pretty good condition. After what, 2 years ... my treo's shell is starting to look worn.

I've been thinking about either buying a busted one for the shell or taknig mine apart and doing a high quality spray paint job on it to bring new life into it. Maybe change the color.
    Yeah, I have two I need to do something with.. At least sell one of them, just in case.. Although I think if I went back to the 650 I'd cry daily. I love my ram and stability.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Yeah, I have two I need to do something with.. At least sell one of them, just in case.. Although I think if I went back to the 650 I'd cry daily. I love my ram and stability.
    My 680 does not have time to reset before the battery dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    My 680 does not have time to reset before the battery dies.
    I have 20-25% at the end of the day, my wife doesn't charge hers except every 2-3 days.. So no problems here anymore. At first I had to top it off during lunch every day. So either the battery conditioned (not so much) or the calibration settled out (most likely).
  7.    #7  
    I have 20-25% at the end of the day, my wife doesn't charge hers except every 2-3 days.. So no problems here anymore. At first I had to top it off during lunch every day. So either the battery conditioned (not so much) or the calibration settled out (most likely).
    My 680 will run down in 2 days even if turned off.
    650 - still the best treo -

Best Screen resolution!. Crappy ram size and speed but hey --------it's ok? Still for the hardware that it has - it has the highest quality they could put in save the headphone jack.

That screen alone. go ahead and compare the screens ( not treo prebuilt replacements) but the same LCD modules from the manufacturer (forget about control chip and touch screen section) look at the price and specification differences between the modules used for the TREO 650 and compare them to all later models.

Best screen ever on device of this size period! Next in line only to the PSP in size per performance and the Axim X51v 624 with 3d graphics. These are the Top 3 LCD modules on the market today.

Aside from the Screen it has other components on the board that are sweet as well.

Treo now suffers from what we all have to endure - palm caught onto conglomerate greed and went for the ride and they too got caught up in it to return to us.

WiFi is not ours for any other reason than that the Carriers know that too many uber noobs out there have wireless routers pumping superfast 802.11x cable connections and DSL - that they leave unsecure. And that little mesh of unsecured internet makes it easy to to be on alot of street corners with my Dell Axim and make Free or cheap VOIP calls - IM and text for free, surf, game, all for free.

wifi treo OMG what a chunk of change they would lose. It is disabled in treo for that reason alone. Drivers for palm WiFi card - the very same reason.

TREO is being held back from really shining. I imagine what it can really do if it was allowed to use it's hardware.

650 is king! That model only needed to be slimmed and have its core performance improved upon via cpu and ram type/amount/speed updates and REAL OS work. Enter the 680 (Not for Verizon!) Come on 29,000 apps vs how many patches over time to improve our treo's ability to do what it's hardware specs tell you it can.

Verizon no longer sells it. It is on it's way out and they have not really given Verizon customers a better phone. - I will not get a 700p or w and no other carrier can give me what I have now for my plan - - can't switch carriers because it's too much money for phones ( my 650 I paid full price) and sheesh you know service isn't as good here on Cingular.....blah

Verizon 680 or better - I pray - i still have hope. My treo 650 however is KING. EBAY's SMARTPHONE LEADER.

Now for under 200$ - ebay as of last night
    Last edited by Scrufboy; 02/15/2007 at 11:06 AM. Reason: because some people are stupid and need things dumbed down for them.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I still can't bring myself to sell mine...
    For the current eBay price I am more a buyer than a seller. However, I paid $400- for a 680. What do I know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufboy View Post
    650 - still the best treo -
    Were you speaking English after the above, because nothing that followed made any sense?

I went to a 680, hated it. Back to the 650 and with Zoti's antenna.. I've never been happier

My recent phone line up went.. Treo 650 > 8125 pocket PC > Sony Ericsson K610i > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > back to the unbranded/unlocked treo 650. Love it.
    For the current eBay price I am more a buyer than a seller. However, I paid $400- for a 680. What do I know?
    I got my 680 with the Amazon deal ($49.99) when my Cingular contract was up. Maybe if I'd had to pay more, I'd be more inclined to sell my 650.

Were you speaking English after the above, because nothing that followed made any sense?

You always make me laugh...
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I got my 680 with the Amazon deal ($49.99) when my Cingular contract was up. Maybe if I'd had to pay more, I'd be more inclined to sell my 650.

You always make me laugh...
    Well, you may be $350 smarter than me but you are still no genius.
    Well, you may be $350 smarter than me but you are still no genius.
    Some of us are quite proficient and knowledgable in other areas. What I wrote makes perfect sense.

- Try not to be insulting when you don't get it. I realize you may not have been trying to be insulting - but you didn't accomplish "Funny" either.

If it didn't make sense to you, then that is on you - don't make me out to be something I am not with your clever commentary in that wasted reply post.
    Last edited by Scrufboy; 02/15/2007 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Because I can't slap the person for their stupidity
    Some of us are quite proficient and knowledgable in other areas. What I wrote makes perfect sense.

- Try not to be insulting when you don't get it. I realize you may not have been trying to be insulting - but you didn't accomplish "Funny" either.

If it didn't make sense to you, then that is on you - don't make me out to be something I am not with your clever commentary in that wasted reply post.
    Sure, I was being snarky. But sorry, not a word of your post made sense.
  17.    #17  
    Sure, I was being snarky. But sorry, not a word of your post made sense.
    I agree with you. In fact, I had to check to see whether or not he was talking to me.

(Now, admit it, that makes "funny.")
    The Treo 650 ranks third on eBay's top ten cell phone list after the Motorola RAZR and the Sidekick. It is the only Treo to make the list.
    No surprises there.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Some of us are quite proficient and knowledgeable in other areas. What I wrote makes perfect sense.

If I read your post right, you are telling us how good the 650 is against other makes of phone ?

If so, then we all know that, that's why we are here.

What we are interested in is people's views of 650 v's 680 surely
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway