Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Last Sunday, I stopped-by at a Local Palm Store and was trying to buy a Copper Treo 680. According to the representative "PALM will STOP selling UNLOCKED Treo 680. Right now PALM Stores are just waiting to seel out all their unlocked ones and will not have it available even on their Online store because according to him, Cingular already has an exclusive rights for Treo 680."

I know this was just recently addressed by Jennifer Chappell (http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/1088-1.htm) but does anyone from this group ever heard of this? Any comments or REAL confirmation about this news?

Russell
  2. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I think it's been confirmed, it's in small print when you go into the '680' part of the palm products pages.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dpc View Post
    I think it's been confirmed, it's in small print when you go into the '680' part of the palm products pages.
    I read this from their website -

"Effective February 15, Palm will begin selling Cingular-branded Treo 680 models in crimson, arctic and copper colors. Previously, those colored models were available only in unlocked versions from Palm. The unlocked Treo 680 graphite version will continue to be sold in the United States."
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Amazing...
    I wonder if Cingular will eventually own the graphite as well. (and make it unavailable unlocked)

Will they come with the new ATT logo?
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfme View Post
    Amazing...
    I wonder if Cingular will eventually own the graphite as well. (and make it unavailable unlocked)

Will they come with the new ATT logo?

Well, tomorrow is the 14th. We'll see what we will see.

edit --
    Ooops, I meant the 15th - Cingular (or ATT) will have the unlocked colored 680s.
    Last edited by simba; 02/14/2007 at 04:39 PM. Reason: date was wrong.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    so..what happened?!
    I have talked ot 2 different Palm Channel Resellers who said the only issue here is the color versions. Graphite was the only color avaliable to them and they have deliveries scheduled into the summer. They were under the impression the color versions were only temporary for the roll-out. If that is the case Cingular may have then decided to pickup the color versions. It may not be a sinister plot by Cingular/ATT but an after thought.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS