Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Will the firmware update takes care of removing the "Quick Tour" and other unwanted icons from the screen? The PALM tech guy do not have a clue on how to get rid of them. I couldn't find the icon's file listed in the rom or ram using FileZ. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    obfuscate is a 3rd party program that does this.

Otherwise -- I just banish my unwanted icons by creating and using a category called Applications that only has the ones I want to see. . . . .
    Perry...

Can you set the launcher to default to a specific category menu? Everytime I hit the home key I go the the "All" category apps and have to use the first letter of the app I need. I figure if I'm going to end up in "All" everytime anyway, why bother having other categories? I'd love it if it would go directly to my most used apps instead...
    Hi Christina!

Checking for a default setting . . . . hmmm, cannot find one. . . . . but mine always opens on "Applications" . . . I believe the default is that it will return to the last category screen you had open. . . . . yes, I just tested that.

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/13/2007 at 08:55 AM.
    I used to use Obfuscate, but I now think that Invisible is more stable on the 700p.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    ROM hide is a free preference panel application that works great on the 700P to hide those unwanted ROM icons (like QuickTour)

I can't find the link, but here's the app. if you're interested:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43