Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    This headset has just been released. Looks like it has alot of nice features. I've ordered a jawbone but now I'm wondering if I should give this a try.

http://www.blueant.com.au/V12-led-bluetooth-headset.htm
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Bump
    Ummm...are we voting? I vote YES! Give it a try...
    This looks lighter than my BT800 and 12 hours of batt life? I'm thinking of selling my jabra and going with this since its not expensive at $60 bucks.
    Ok, I just got this headset from ebay, $55 including shipping. Comes in a very package. Includes the headset, a charger, 2 ear hooks and manual. I didn't know if it was the in-ear kind like the jabra bt500 or speaker kind like the bt800. Actually, its like the jx10 where it sort of goes in your ear which makes the volume very loud. There are 10 settings for the volume and I set it to just 6 and its plenty loud! Its very very light. About as light as the jx10 and just a tad over 2 inches long due to using the cid screen.

I love the way it displays the battery in percentages instead of bars as that will give you a better idea of how much juice left. I'm a little pesimistic about its advertised 12hrs of talk time as thats pretty much unheard of. So I will have to test that out and report back. I don't use it on my treo because its data only. I will be using it on my nextel i880/i580. and so far on my i880 there is no delay, where using everything from jx10, bt500 and bt800 there is a delay from pushing the answer button to get a call to pushing the end button to end a call. the v12 is instantaneous, but of course, that depends on the phone you use, not the headset itself. One of the reason why I wanted this and sell the bt800 is that the jabra is a bit on the large side. it flops around because there's in my ear, just sits on it so to me, its not very secure.

There is still the 2 second delay when I push a button to end a call to when the call actually ends. TOO many button presses to get to the redialing from call history list, although the volume is on the jabra is very good as well. I def. will miss the mute button on the jabra because its very useful when you don't have the phone on you. I will be purchasing the jabra ear gels to use on this headset so I can get rid of the ear hook. And oh, one more thing, the black plastic has a rubberish feel like the 750 so it def. has some quality feel to it.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Outrigger, Thanks for the review. Give us an update in a couple of days.
    I've only used it for about one night so far. I've decided I'm going back to my bt800. Its not that the blueant isn't a nice headset, it just wasn't as comfortable for me since I prefer the speaker type rest against your ear as opposed to in your ear, much the same reason I stopped using the jx10. However, if anyone here is interested in taking it off my hands, just PM me. I only used it for about an hour so its practically new.