1.    #1  
    I was wondering, is there anything that I should be careful about after having my 680 in cold/cool weather?

Take for example, here in Chicago tomorrow, we are supposed to get a snow storm. Should I wait for a half hour, and do, I dunno, a little dance , to make sure that it will be ok after having been outside in a storm all day? Or say, my uncle recently took his BB with him on a ski trip. The one day that he had his BB on him, in his breast coat pocket, it was in the 20s-30s, and at the end of the day, his screen would not turn on for 5ish hours.

Anything specific I should be concerned about, or should I just take normal precautions?

Thanks a lot,

Purdue
    Battery does not hold a charge if too cold.
    It's obvious but, don't leave it in the car.
    Be sure to layer.
    Quote Originally Posted by purdue1014 View Post

Take for example, here in Chicago tomorrow, we are supposed to get a snow storm. Should I wait for a half hour, and do, I dunno, a little dance , to make sure that it will be ok after having been outside in a storm all day?

Thanks a lot,

Purdue
    What are you doing that causes you to be outside in the storm all day?

I miss Chicago...
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Buy some instant hand warmers, I have used them with my 600 in a inside coat pocket, being outside for 4-6 hrs at cold temps, had to replace the warmers every hour
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    What are you doing that causes you to be outside in the storm all day?

I miss Chicago...
    Wow, sorry it has taken me so long to get back. I wasn't out in the storm all day, but my new 680 was. Thanks for the tips, the handwarmers worked great! YOu miss all the snow? We are supposed to have one last snow storm tomorrow.......

Purdue
    I live in Atlanta now...it NEVER snows When you've grown up with it and never see it ever again, you miss it.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I live in Atlanta now...it NEVER snows When you've grown up with it and never see it ever again, you miss it.
    Not me ... moved to Florida from Ohio, and am loving the 75-80 degree weather, especially after talking to my family back home in the 4-5 foot snowstorms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Not me ... moved to Florida from Ohio, and am loving the 75-80 degree weather, especially after talking to my family back home in the 4-5 foot snowstorms.
    Yeah...when we went home a couple years ago, Chicago had a nine inch dump in two hours on the morning we were suppose to leave. We were snowed in.

But, c'mon...you have to admit, when you only have to be in it once every few years and you know you're going home to Florida, it's kind of nice to re-experience. My kids that were born here loved it, they had never seen it before
    on really cold days keep it in your underwear - great for warmth and for that extra special vibrating alert
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    And don't drop it in the lake!
    Don't eat yellow snow
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Wait a minute y'all. You've got to find a way to keep it cool. AG says so.
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    on really cold days keep it in your underwear - great for warmth and for that extra special vibrating alert
    I live in Ottawa which is much worse than most of you! I went skiing a couple of weeks ago in -20 degrees celsius (that's about -4 Fahrenheit) and I had my 680 in the pocket of my jacket. After about 2 hours of skiing, I wanted to place a call and the phone would turn on. The red button basically was sunken in and would not make the clicking noise it usually makes when it's pressed. I had to soft reset to phone to get it to do anthing but I still couldn't make the call. Everything was fine once I got in the car and warmed it up for about 10 minutes.

Now I use a little travel pouch to keep it close to the skin when I go skiing and I haven't had a problem.