Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone have one and is it any good?
    How does the skin being over the keys effect typing?
    I use one and prefer using a skin over nothing at all. It does not affect the key operation at all. Ben
    I have one too. I got one after a found small scratches near the screen of the phone.

The package I bought was a PALM 3 color skin. I have the white, gray and pink skins. I use the white for my arctic unit.

It is actually good and does not in any way reduce your ability to type. The skin on top of the keyboard is thinner than the other areas covering the unit.

FYI.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post
    Anyone have one and is it any good?
    How does the skin being over the keys effect typing?
    Curious about this idea myself. Could you provide a link to the specific skin you're referring to? I couldnt find one like this on the Palmone site.

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    I use them and find the silicone cover helps to prevent my fingers, or fingernails in my case, from slipping off the keys.

http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=family

I've seen them for less on Amazon, but they're not listed now...
  6.    #6  
    I see that they come with a screen protector also and was wondering if that was part of the case or a stick on one?
    Are you sure about that? I don't see anything about an included screen protector? If I'm just missing it I hope it isn't like the crappy protector that comes with the 680 that you have to cut to fit.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
  8.    #8  
    I saw them here:

Palm 680 Skins

And it says they come with a screen protector and the picture looks like it's attached to the skin.
    Be careful...the title in that auction says "3 colors", but the description of the item you're bidding on is only for the white. That would be $25.99 for one or $39.99 for three from Palm. Your daughter could always use one of them on her 680...

Also, the screen protector is not attached, it has adhesive on the back. It looks like it probably is the crappy one from Palm since they don't list a brand name for it (ie Boxwave, Martin Fields...)
  10.    #10  
    To the right it says you are purchasing a 3 pack but I only want the white one and there is another seller that sells just the white palm one for $12.50
    Oh, eBay. That seller must be throwing it in. Great deal! I don't think the one's at Palm come with a screen protector. Palm nor any other retailers I have seen mentions an included screen protector.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    I purchased the 3 pack of Flexi Cases from Palm for my 680. The fit of the case is very good, though there is no cutout for the earspeaker (I had to cut my own hole). I have no problem with typing on the covered keyboard. In fact, I prefer the to use skin cases which cover the keyboard as I believe it keeps your fingers from slipping off the keys.
    And it keeps the keys from getting dirty and the letters / characters from wearing off the keys.

Anyone interested in trading your frosted 680 / 750 flexiskin for my gray one?
    Mine came with a screen protector - Branded Palm from CompUSA. Ben
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I have the Palm 3-pack fexi skin too. I did not mind the lack of cutout for ear speaker, as it sounds loud enough for me.

Pros:
    - Very slim
    - Good hand grip (better than bare slippery paint)
    - Good protection for keypad

Cons:
    - Does not fit in Palm Treo Cradle
    The Flexi-Skins for the 650 and 700 series come with screen protectors (btw, those Palm branded screen protectors are horrible) the Flexi-Skins for the 680 / 750 (which only comes in 3 packs) do not include the screen protector. Not having a cutout on the 680 / 750 Flexi-Skins is fine since both units have very good volume out of the box.
  17. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I like how the buttons feel with the flexiskin over them, when I take it off and try to use the buttons (nekkid), it doesn't feel as good. Plus, it's great for keeping food and junk away from the kb.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    * Can one use the stylus thru the case?

* Doesn't having the case over the screen remove or at least reduce the need for a screen protector?

* How easy is it to quickly remove this type of case?

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    You can use the stylus, the Flexi-Skin doesn't cover the screen at all. Removing the case is as simple as slipping your Treo through the screen opening in the skin.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    You can use the stylus, the Flexi-Skin doesn't cover the screen at all. Removing the case is as simple as slipping your Treo through the screen opening in the skin.
    Thanks, I was misinterpreting the pix on Ebay.
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast