Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Only two unlocked Treo 680s are available on the Palm site now, the Graphite and Arctic. Here's the link:

http://store.palm.com/search/index.j...er&fbc=1&fbx=0

For some reason, the Crimson and Copper ones have flown the coop. I wonder if: 1) they were so popular they sold out, 2) Palm underestimated how many of those colors would sell, or, 3) they are getting ready for a new model like an unlocked 750 and need some of these colors to use. Enquiring minds are curious.....

I think they took them down while they wait to get stock of units that have the battery / camera patch built in.
    Now the Graphite is the only one there.
    Stocking issue. Palm is still quite interested in selling the Copper and Crimson. They are quite popular, and a bit moreso than Palm originally thought they would be.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I was told by a Palm store manager that all the colored Treo 680 were purchased by Cingular for their new AT&T company. The manager claimed that unlocked 680s would start coming only in graphite and the color ones will be locked to AT&T's network. Glad I bought my crimson 680 when I did!
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Boyhowdy, I sure hope that isn't true. If it is, I could kick myself for not waiting for that Copper and getting the Graphite instead! I was thinking that I'd still have a chance to grab an unlocked Copper from Palm and sell the Graphite. Oh well, there's always ebay.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaluver View Post
    Boyhowdy, I sure hope that isn't true. If it is, I could kick myself for not waiting for that Copper and getting the Graphite instead! I was thinking that I'd still have a chance to grab an unlocked Copper from Palm and sell the Graphite. Oh well, there's always ebay.
    If u're serious about getting one, call the local palm stores. They usually have some stock left, and can ship too.
    Hi guys, this is my brand new first post in treo central!

Ok, I'm looking into an arctic white 680 these days. So I just called up palm treo store, and they told me they will have the arctic back soon, probably by the end of the week.

By the way, if you've listened to the last treocast (#12), I'm the same Reza who asked the question about 650 vs 680.
    not sure why the website keeps pulling and taking the treos on and off. Its pretty disappointing knowing that soon they will all be gone...gone..gone... Well for what it is worth - atleast we still have graphites after the storm .. yippy!

The only TREO VIDEO CAST on the internet!!!
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Well, it's official.

Unlocked is Graphite only. Per the Palm website

Effective February 15, Palm will begin selling Cingular-branded Treo 680 models in crimson, arctic and copper colors. Previously, those colored models were available only in unlocked versions from Palm. The unlocked Treo 680 graphite version will continue to be sold in the United States.
    Palm does things like this because they love us so much.

Sheesh. Even Moto has figured out that offering fonz in rill purdy culrz sells more phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by allonon View Post
    Well, it's official.

Effective February 15, Palm will begin selling Cingular-branded Treo 680 models in crimson, arctic and copper colors. Previously, those colored models were available only in unlocked versions from Palm. The unlocked Treo 680 graphite version will continue to be sold in the United States.
    Can you please post the URL of the Palm webpage you found this information in? I looked their site and couldn't see anything. I called them again, for the third time, and the guy on the phone said he can't verify that they won't be having unlocked colored phones anymore. He said they may be available anytime soon. In other words, nothing is official yet according to him.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by allonon View Post
    Well, it's official.

Where did you see that at? I have just been all over the Palm website and didn't see it anywhere. In fact it only shows Graphite ones as the only 680 available. Even the Cingular site doesn't even mention it.

You guys don't look hard enough:

http://www.palm.com/us/products/smartphones/treo680/

Now look under the $399 and click on the tiny little "3" at the end of that "Available in Graphite only".
    Oh no, they're right! Why? WHY?!!!!

(Crying and shouting in despair! )

Why does Palm have to screw their users for the sake of Cingualr?! I want an arctic 680 on T-mobile!
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by rezaf_2000 View Post
    Oh no, they're right! Why? WHY?!!!!

(Crying and shouting in despair! )

Why does Palm have to screw their users for the sake of Cingualr?! I want an arctic 680 on T-mobile!

I got a copper one last week off of Craigslist. Brand new, sealed box with the music pack for $360. There are a few places out there that have some unlocked ones for sale, but they command a premium. One place had them for $469. Do a google search for Treo 680 <insert color here> and you'll see what I mean. Now I wonder what mine will be worth in a few weeks.....maybe an unlocked 750????

This absolutely sucks. Here in Canada, when you send in your PDA regarding a warranty/repair issue, you don't get your original device back. You get a refurb. I imagine this situation applies to various other small(er) market countries as well. I wonder if I'll have to give up my stunning Crimson colour should misfortune befall me.

Anybody selling the Stay Puft brand Treo 680 case? Anybody??
    I hate it when companies do this stuff! I wanted a Crimson, but I'm with Cingular so I didn't need an unlocked one. Now I'm stuck with Graphite and Cingular will have the Crimson. Crap!
    Wow, glad I just got my Copper one. I didn't want Cingy to take my discount just yet
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    What? I have a 680 coming tomorrow in Graphite from Cingular...and I could have waited another few days and gotten an Arctic or Crimson one??

Ah, well...I kinda like the Graphite anyway. It looks more "businessy" than the colored ones. (At least I'll keep telling myself that...)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast