Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    now the colors are only listed as for Cingular, and carry the $50 premium over the normal unlocked.
    Well, Last night I decided to stop checking Palm's webstore, and went out on an Arctic 680 hunt on ebay, and I bought one brand new sealed boxed one for $372 + $15 for shipping. Oh and the seller is also including the mobile music pack with it! Yes, I got pretty lucky! Not everybody is as lucky as me though, cause there are a lot of arctic, copper and crimson ones going for around $450 on ebay right now.

Any way, I'll be an official member of the treo community in a few days!
    Bad NEWS for all of you. At the PALM store in Orlando the computer list the colors as EOL...Which means END OF LIFE...NO more unlocked colors...Cingular ( AT&T) have the rights to them now. SORRY to break the BAD NEWS!
    Quote Originally Posted by skyking517 View Post
    Bad NEWS for all of you. At the PALM store in Orlando the computer list the colors as EOL...Which means END OF LIFE...NO more unlocked colors...Cingular ( AT&T) have the rights to them now. SORRY to break the BAD NEWS!
    I think most of us know this already. If it wasn't posted / talked about in this thread, then it was in one of several other threads.
    So it was true afterall then? I REALLY don't like ATT!!! If it weren't for their 3G, I'd be on T-Mobile!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    So it was true afterall then? I REALLY don't like ATT!!! If it weren't for their 3G, I'd be on T-Mobile!!
    How much are you paying for your data plan?
    After I heard about colors a month or 2 back, I asked at the local Cingular store. They had never heard of them, and as far as they knew would never sell them. Which sucks, I love the Burnt Orange, excuse me, "copper" color. That, and maybe if my phone was orange I wouldn't lose it so much.

Of course, Cingular phone reps have been telling me the 700 is coming out in "two months" since I started asking last winter, and phone and store reps still tell me my MEdiaNet plan is "incompatible" with my Treo, so take that with a huge grain of salt...

Seth "I bought my Handspring because it was green" K
    So where do I buy my Unlocked Crimson 680 now (for the wife)?

She really wants one but we are on Tmobile......

I've been scouring ebay but there aren't many up there, plus I'd like the option of returning to Palm if she didn't like it. This would be her first palm / treo device. She, up to this point, only had regular flip phones.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknoi View Post
    So where do I buy my Unlocked Crimson 680 now (for the wife)?

She really wants one but we are on Tmobile......

I've been scouring ebay but there aren't many up there, plus I'd like the option of returning to Palm if she didn't like it. This would be her first palm / treo device. She, up to this point, only had regular flip phones.
    Try the SFO store, they have other theads here.
    stopped by the Treo store near Rockefeller Center tonight and bought an Arctic for $399, the last one in the store, according to the girl. gave a similar story -- Palm won't be selling any but the graphite, Cingular is sweeping them up, etc. they had orange and red ones left -- I think the store at JFK also has some, the guy I spoke with over the phone made it clear he could ship.

I asked the girl, who seemed to know what she was about, if she knew anything about a new POS GSM phone: she said "rumors maybe toward the end of the year."
    .....sorry guys but indeed all of our stores have our 680's unlocked as EOL. Keep in mind - that we do ship overnight. But once again... so sorry (almost) all gone

The only TREO VIDEO CAST on the internet!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rayfield View Post
    stopped by the Treo store near Rockefeller Center tonight and bought an Arctic for $399, the last one in the store, according to the girl. gave a similar story -- Palm won't be selling any but the graphite, Cingular is sweeping them up, etc. they had orange and red ones left -- I think the store at JFK also has some, the guy I spoke with over the phone made it clear he could ship.

I asked the girl, who seemed to know what she was about, if she knew anything about a new POS GSM phone: she said "rumors maybe toward the end of the year."
    So, are the colored 680s being sold in the Cingular store unlocked or already Cingular branded?
    Quote Originally Posted by ion++ View Post
    Try the SFO store, they have other theads here.
    Thanks... called them but they were out of Crimson... went up to the website and kept calling stores until I found one.... in the Pittsburg PA store, they had the demo unit they sold me for 10% off ($40 off baby) that they said they'd clean up nice and it only had one minor scratch on it.

Plus, they said same return policy as a new one and warranty.

$384 and change (dang tax) w/free 2 day fedex shipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    So, are the colored 680s being sold in the Cingular store unlocked or already Cingular branded?
    NO why would Cingular do that???? The whole reason they did it was because they saw how much Palm was making. The phones are CINGULAR locked.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Wow, I'm fortune to have gotten my Crimson when I did. I got mine at the Palo Alto Palm store and it was the last Crimson. I had called a couple of local stores and they were all out of the Crimson.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Quote Originally Posted by skyking517 View Post
    NO why would Cingular do that???? The whole reason they did it was because they saw how much Palm was making. The phones are CINGULAR locked.
    Ugh! Figures...
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Hmm checking Palm's Canada store, they only list the Copper and Graphite.. I'm guessing the Copper is listed until they're stock goes byebye? Man now that I finally decided to go 680, the color I wanted (Crimson) isn't an option for non Americans. Typical... you snooze you loose I guess!

Oh well it's only color. Wonder how easy it would be to spray paint one of these babies
    Treo 600 --> Dell Axim x51v --> Copper 680
    Appearently Palm has stopped selling Chrimson because Cingular is going to start selling it. "More info on 3/6." I don't know if that means they'll start selling it then or if we'll just ahave more info.
    Here's the source:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1117150
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Just seems silly... if the fact that Cingular is now even telling Palm what COLORS to use, and that the decision affects non US markets (like Canada where Cingular doesn't even exist)... get some backbone Palm, seriously.

I really liked the idea of getting a colored Palm, specifically white or red, but now i don't know... I'd rather Palm hadn't put the idea in my head that getting these colors were possible if they are in fact not going to offer it.
    Treo 600 --> Dell Axim x51v --> Copper 680
    well my crimson is being replaced...problem with the audio jack. wonder what they will send me...refurb? crimson? curiosity overwhelms me.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast