Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
    Ah, well...I kinda like the Graphite anyway. It looks more "businessy" than the colored ones. (At least I'll keep telling myself that...)
    I've noticed on the Metro here in DC that while it looks like I am working on a BB, the Copper Orange garners nice smiles from folks. Business look doesn't means drab coloring
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    well, you could always punish palm/cingular by not buying a 680
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    I've noticed on the Metro here in DC that while it looks like I am working on a BB, the Copper Orange garners nice smiles from folks. Business look doesn't means drab coloring
    You're right, for the most part. But in a purely business setting, like I am in most of my day...a black or graphite colored phone is considered more "professional" appearing whether that idea is valid or not. If I worked in a more casual atmosphere, the brighter colors would be more appropriate.

Who knows...if I hang with the Treo, maybe the colored housings will become available on places like Cnn.cn that offer mobile phone replacement parts.
    I hope Palm decides to sell the unlocked colored treos again. Perhaps if they see they are losing a lot of potential customers they will rethink about their selling strategy.
    I've put a post in my weblog complaining about their decision. If enough people do that, hopefully Palm will listen.
    Now just announced for Valentines day unlocked in the UK.That is where the crimsons have gone!
    Quote Originally Posted by ion++ View Post
    well, you could always punish palm/cingular by not buying a 680
    Thanks for the sage advice. Glad I came to this board to obtain words of wisdom from esteemed members such as yourself.
    If you have an unlocked red 680, and if it breaks, does that mean they're going to send you a graphite one to replace it?
    My guess is that they'll start selling colored Treo 680s in the international market. Glad I bought one online as its cheaper to buy in the US than here in Asia.

*The unlocked Treo 680 graphite version will continue to be sold in the United States
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theeaglehasland View Post
    Now just announced for Valentines day unlocked in the UK.That is where the crimsons have gone!
    where did they announce that?
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    it's even on the european homepage. I guess all my whining to them about not buying a 680 paied off

But it's probably a limited edition, and there is no copper :-( but i dont care, i got my copper from eBay. And it looks like i found a cheap used 750v so i can try that.

It's good to see that they offer more choices, i'd better write them and tell them i like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by theeaglehasland View Post
    Just received the copper one off ebay in the states to give as a valentines present to my wife!

Still, it cost me $450 inc shipping + 40 of tax at this end. All in all that will work out at around 275 with the dollar exchange rate so good. Not bad.

My main trouble was finding someone who would ship to the UK.

Given the trouble I have had getting it, I will be marketing it to my wife as " the only Copper Treo 680 in the UK"
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paulpenny View Post
    Given the trouble I have had getting it, I will be marketing it to my wife as " the only Copper Treo 680 in the UK"
    lucky that i live in Denmark, but still, there might be others in europa.
    I hope with cingular bardning all the rest of the 680 colors, they don't jack up the price to 450.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    Copper is now available in the palm store! The mobile music promotion offer is available again too. Wow!
    now thats just wrong - no arctic - no crimson - what are they doing on the website. gives me feelings of carrott and the stick.

The only TREO VIDEO CAST on the internet!!!
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by rezaf_2000 View Post
    Copper is now available in the palm store! The mobile music promotion offer is available again too. Wow!

Guess they found some laying around in the basement......

Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post

Guess you're right, now they only have graphite.

You know, I'm beginning to enjoy this! Their website changes every few hours!
    Yep. Now on Palm's site:

Effective February 15, Palm will begin selling Cingular-branded Treo 680 models in crimson, arctic and copper colors. Previously, those colored models were available only in unlocked versions from Palm. The unlocked Treo 680 graphite version will continue to be sold in the United States.

Guess unlocked colors are no more.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post

I think they're just messin' with y'all Palm reps probably lurk on TC and say, "Watch this!!" Then they pull the colored 680s off the website and laugh at all the posts wondering where they went. Then they put them back, and the game continues...
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    I don't think Palm have any idea what they're doing
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast