1.    #1  
    I use the VersaMail application for my personal email - the primary email on my Treo is for my work email account. I am able to download my email on VersaMail without any problems, but when I delete it from the Treo, it remains on the server. It's a real problem when traveling - I keep downloading and deleting the same email. Webmail only stays deleted from the server if I delete on a computer.

I have checked with Palm, Cingular, and my Internet service provider (Optonline.net), and all hardware and accounts are configured correctly. However, none of them can solve the problem?

Any workarounds? Thanks.
    What Treo and carrier do you have?

The following has fixed a "no delete off server" issue for me before. . . . on the off chance it might cure your problem . . . . here it goes:

Delete the account you have set up in VersaMail and then re-create it.
    Sometimes a set up VersaMail account can become corrupted -- and deleting it and recreating it gets rid of the corruption. Just over-writing the settings does not cure the issue . . . . it has to be a delete and re-create.

Hopefully this works for your issue.
    If you want it deleted off the server too, make sure you also have the option checked in preferences...
    I posted an easy fix for this before. Do a search on "Versamail fix"
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  5.    #5  
    Hi Perry,

I have a Treo 650 - carrier is Cingular.

Thanks for your suggestion, but that's what Palm suggested, and I have the same problem. We didn't delete the first account, but created a new one, and same issues.

I'll check out some of the other suggestions from other posters, but if you can think of anything else, would appreciate your input.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    What Treo and carrier do you have?

The following has fixed a "no delete off server" issue for me before. . . . on the off chance it might cure your problem . . . . here it goes:

Delete the account you have set up in VersaMail and then re-create it.
    Sometimes a set up VersaMail account can become corrupted -- and deleting it and recreating it gets rid of the corruption. Just over-writing the settings does not cure the issue . . . . it has to be a delete and re-create.

Hopefully this works for your issue.
  6.    #6  
    Bob, I can't find your previous post - can you please post the link?

Appreciate it!
    Quote Originally Posted by malki1@optonlin View Post
    Bob, I can't find your previous post - can you please post the link?

Appreciate it!
    Here it is...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=Versamail+fix
  8.    #8  
    thanks for the link. I only use webmail (don't download into a program like Outlook Express), and my Treo only automatically synchs my work email via GoodLink into Outlook; I get my Versamail email by hitting "get" and it downloads manually.

In any case, I'll show this to our IT support guy at work and see if we can reprogram to solve the problem.

BTW, although I'm in New York, I used to live in Chicago and love the Bears!
    I recommend scheduled email fetches. Using the Get It button tends to cause this problem frequently for me.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks to all for taking the time to help. Bob, I am asking my IT guy at work to help on your fix, because that's a bit over my head.

JAHarr, tried the automatic get, but it doesn't work - maybe a Treo can't automatically synch 2 different emails at the same time? (My Treo is set to automatically get my work email thru the GoodLink secure Outlook program). Could this be the root of my VersaMail problems?
    Quote Originally Posted by malki1@optonlin View Post
    JAHarr, tried the automatic get, but it doesn't work - maybe a Treo can't automatically synch 2 different emails at the same time?
    I don't use GoodLink, but my 700p auto-syncs with 2 different email accounts, BUT at different times. I have one set for every 15 minutes, the other every 30 inutes, and I set the "start time" on one at 5 minutes after the hour instead of top of the hour.