1.    #1  
    In a previous post, I said I was considering a Treo 680.

I am in ministry, and need some Bible software for the 680 if I choose it. Does anyone know of any such software that would allow me to search for certain scriptures, and have a working concordance, bible dictionary, etc.?

Thanks very much!!
    Check out Olivetree. I like it alot.

SPG
    Laridian: www.laridian.com
    Olive Tree: www.olivetree.com
    Bible+: palmbibleplus.sourceforge.net
    GMP Bible Reader: www.gmpsoft.com
    eBible: www.ebiblepda.com
    Bible Thumper: www.patdouble.com/biblethumper/index.htm

Don't think that I am missing any, but if so, drop me a line and I'll be sure to check it out and post it to Mobile Ministry Magazine (www.mobileministrymagzine.com).
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
  4.    #4  
    Wow...I had no idea there were so many choices.

Still debating on whether to keep my current Samsung Blackjack with Windows Mobile 5 OS...or go with the Treo 680.

Are most of these downloads WM compatible as well?
    Laridian is my fav
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I use the Recovery Version Bible which is available at www.lsm.org
    You use Isilo reader for its use and it is a great study bible.
    I like laridian also. I got it when I got my Tungsten T5 and then put it on my Treo. Not sure about the concordance though. I haven't ever really looked for it.
    jb
    Blackberry Curve 8310
    Quote Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
    Wow...I had no idea there were so many choices.

Still debating on whether to keep my current Samsung Blackjack with Windows Mobile 5 OS...or go with the Treo 680.

Are most of these downloads WM compatible as well?
    Olive Tree, Laridian, and eBible all have WM versions. You can use most any PalmOS program with WM by using the StyleTap program though.

On the WM side, another Bible reader that is quite popular is Pocket E-Sword. I liked it whenever I have used a WM device. Laridian's MyBible though is probably one of the best on WM.

I got the olivetree illunina package and its great. its got more material than I'll probably ever get through.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    now once you have that all installed you can get the religious hypocrite companion book
    for PalmOS The NWT reader is the best, for me. It is frE tO the way the bible should be. NE way if anyone is interested. pm me or just ask I can send it when I get to my mac.
  12.    #12  
    Do any of these sources provide a "parallel" of other translations, like KLV, NKJV, NIV, Amplified, NASB, etc.?

That would be awesome, and a great way to prepare a study.

Thanks for the replies!
    Davis;
    All of the bible readers mentioned (I cannot vouch for the NWT as I don't know what reader its using) offer the ability to view 2 or more versions side by side. Most even offer the ability to view the Bible on one pane and a commentary in the other.

Here is a link to a few postings at MMM where we talked about the ability to study and prepare messages (and an interview that addresses this too). To be blunt, the software isn't there yet. Its all much more based on features and resources than actually working alongside one's ability to put facts together for mutual consumption.

Apologies to the TC mods for all the links to MMM; I don't like to go about promoting my site here, but I do realize that things written there do answer the questions asked in this thread. If there is any issue with these or other links I have posted, do just let me know and do the admin-correct thing and remove them.

I just bought OliveTree and its desktop companion and I was disappointed to learn (my fault for not doing harder/deeper research) that the desktop was only for notes.

What Im looking for is software that will sync between the 2. My Treo and my desktop. Say if I want to read on my desktop, then sync it will save all my notes and place and send them to the Treo. The next time I open either I want it to be where I left the other. Vice Versa as well, if I read on my handheld, then sync and I want to read on my desktop the next day or so, I want it (the desktop) to pick up where I left off on my handheld.

Does anyone put out a program like this?
    Last edited by Hdhntr23; 03/12/2007 at 01:00 PM.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    Davis;
    To be blunt, the software isn't there yet. Its all much more based on features and resources than actually working alongside one's ability to put facts together for mutual consumption.
    Thanks, Antoine. I am really more interested in being able to minister the Word in any given situation I am in, and having scripture references at my disposal immediately, rather than use my mobile or the software to prepare messages. That's what my PC is for at home and at my office.

I am actually getting a new Crimson Treo 680 tomorrow and will be putting a bible app on it as my first piece of software. We'll see how it goes!!
    Laridian for me. I use the NIV version (christ letters in red, adjust fonts, search engine built in to find scriptures quickly!)
    Quote Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
    Thanks, Antoine. I am really more interested in being able to minister the Word in any given situation I am in, and having scripture references at my disposal immediately, rather than use my mobile or the software to prepare messages. That's what my PC is for at home and at my office.

I am actually getting a new Crimson Treo 680 tomorrow and will be putting a bible app on it as my first piece of software. We'll see how it goes!!
    See this article(part 1, part 2, and part 3) and you should be able to get a few ideas to do what you want to do.

There was also a recent article at MMM talking about an online bible that works great on your mobile for thos situations as well.