1.    #1  
    Members

Does anyone know how to remove the little Bluetooth Icon in the upper right hand corner of the phone? I donít use the feature and my ear sometimes touches the icon and causes the Bluetooth setup screen to pop up. Filez will not let me delete the program.

Does anyone know how to either remove Bluetooth from my phone or delete the icon.

Thanks,

Stretch
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    you can (should) lock/disable the screen during a call,
    applications button/prefs/keyguard ...follow instructions

or download sandman and map one of the buttons to launch it. sandman is a free application that turns the screen off. click the phone button to wake it up
    Last edited by haroldo; 02/11/2007 at 07:21 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    you can (should) lock/disable the screen during a call, or download sandman and map one of the buttons to launch it. sandman is a free application that turns the screen off. click the phone button to wake it up
    I tried that but the locked screen is more annoying than the bluetooth setup that pops up. I often use my screen while in a conversation. I'm thinking that there is a way to delete the icon using filez.....but I'm not sure which file the icon resides in.

Thanks,

Stretch
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    don't let it bother you.
    you can spend hours researching how to get rid of an icon.
    you might end up, inadvertently, doing damage to the software in your attempt to find the item
    just get used to holding the phone 1/2 inch away from your face during a call
    or just press the phone icon to return to the phone application in case you press the blue tooth icon.
    or lock the screen.
    just don't let it bother you and ignore the bluetooth screen if it pops up
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    don't let it bother you.
    you can spend hours researching how to get rid of an icon.
    you might end up, inadvertently, doing damage to the software in your attempt to find the item
    just get used to holding the phone 1/2 inch away from your face during a call
    or just press the phone icon to return to the phone application in case you press the blue tooth icon.
    or lock the screen.
    just don't let it bother you and ignore the bluetooth screen if it pops up
    Your probably right.....but it's hard to imagine that they don't have a way to remove the app without messing things up........
    That app currently resides in the ROM so deleting it is not an option until we get a firmware update that allows us to edit the ROM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    That app currently resides in the ROM so deleting it is not an option until we get a firmware update that allows us to edit the ROM.
    Thanks Cav
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Will the firmware update takes acre of removing the "Quick Tour" and other unwanted icons from the screen? The PALM tech guy do not have a clue on how to get rid of it. I couldn't find the icon's file listed in the rom using FileZ.