1.    #1  
    Ok, I've had it with these Inno.Docks. I purchased what was supposedly a silver Inno.Dock for the 700WX back in December. I received it, but the quality was crap. It looks like someone had used it as a baseball. Returned that one and got a second one. The second one did not work at all. When I put my 700WX on it, I continuously got "USB Device Not Recognized" popups from the taskbar and my 700WX wouldn't sync with ActiveSync.

After almost a month, I finally received an Inno.Dock JR. to use with my 750 and 680. I'm having the exact same problem now. I continually get the "USB Device Not Recognized" message popping up from my taskbar. I know it's not my PC because I don't have this problem when I connect my sync cables to my Treos.

Anyone else have this problem? At this point, the Inno.Dock JR. nothing more than a paper weight that can charge my Treos.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    I have the same issues as you with my 700P and Innodock. Sometimes it works but most of the time it doesn't. I even have the AC adaptor so you can't blame it on not enough power from the usb port replicator. I've just stopped using the darn thing. I've gone back to the factory wall charger.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I use one with my 700Wx. (With the additional AC power cable.)
    It is a little quirky--giving me those USB error messages a couple of times--but after a restart of my PC it works fine. Generally, a mediocre product, but it does usually work ok, and it does let me leave my Treo in the Sena skin while cradling it.
  4.    #4  
    Even after I restart my PC, as soon as I place my 680 or 750 back in the Inno.Dock Jr., I get that USB device not recognized error constantly (at least once a second) until I remove the Treo.

I don't understand why Seidio can't send me one that works and that doesn't look like it was used in a baseball game.
    Have you tried changing out the USB cable to make sure that it isn't the cause of the problem?

FWIW - I have 3 InnoDocks (2 of the original silver colored models and 1 Jr.) which all seem to be working correctly with my 680. I previously used all of them with a 650 and never had a problem there either. I hope I didn't just jinx myself by typing that.
  6.    #6  
    Yes, I've tried all of the obvious stuff:

Change the USB cable
    Plug into a different USB port
    Try on a different PC w/ Palm Desktop installed
    Tried removing the AC charging kit and connecting just the USB cable

Problem is there with all of the above.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Yes, I've tried all of the obvious stuff:

Change the USB cable
    Plug into a different USB port
    Try on a different PC w/ Palm Desktop installed
    Tried removing the AC charging kit and connecting just the USB cable

Problem is there with all of the above.
    Sounds like you've gone through all the appropriate steps to eliminate other possible sources of the problem. I once had this same type of issue with an aftermarket sync & charge cable. It turned out that the design of the connector allowed the metal prongs to be pushed out of alignment. You may want to try comparing the alignment of the InnoDocks pins against another sync cable that you know works correctly. If nothing else seems to help, you may just want to ask for a refund or an exchange for a completely different type of product.
  8.    #8  
    Dunno if this could be causing the problem, but the two center pins in the group of four on the right side are longer on the Inno.Dock Jr. compared to the same pins on the sync cable that comes with both the 750 and 680.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Dunno if this could be causing the problem, but the two center pins in the group of four on the right side are longer on the Inno.Dock Jr. compared to the same pins on the sync cable that comes with both the 750 and 680.
    I just compared the pins on my two silver InnoDocks with the cable that came with my 680. They all seem to have equal length pins in the group of four on the right side. I don't have access to my InnoDock Jr. right now (it's at the office), so I can't offer any comments on that model's pin configuration.
    I'm having the exact same problem, was hoping it wasn't just me... I've emailed Seidio, but I suspect I'll pay for the device once over with all the shipping this might cost me... anyone dealt with shipping stuff back to Seidio?
    Where are we?? And why am I in this handbasket?!?!?!?
    I've used my Treo 700wx with the dock over at batteries.com and haven't had any problems with it and it's about half (right now on sale for almost a third) the price of the INNO.DOCK but it looks the same.

I have noticed if I use PDANet to get online that all the activity will stop it from charging but if it's just sitting in the dock it will charge.

http://www.batteries.com/productprof...p?appid=383208