1.    #1  
    Hi folks,

This has probably been answered in the past, but I don't know what topics or search terms would yield the answer, so I'll ask my question. Feel free to link me to an answer rather than type one out if you prefer. Here's the deal.

I have changed jobs. My old employer had a corporate contract with Cingular. Thus I bought a Cingular Treo 650 back in March '05. My new employer after our move 600 miles west has a corporate contract with Cincinnati Bell. My Treo 650 is indispensable to me, packed with medical software essential to medical practice. I want to continue to use a Treo, preferrably the one I have in my hand, my old 650. Now if someone wants to buy me for free a new 680 or 700p, fine by me, but I won't hold my breath!

So, the obvious question is, after ending my contract with Cingular, will I somehow be able to use my Cingular Treo 650 with another carrier, such as Cincinnati Bell?

Thanks as always, folks,

-- Josh
    Cingular has good service in Southwest Ohio. IF Cincinnati Bell is a GSM Provider you should be able to use your phone with them.
    Before you leave Cingular, call them up and say you are going overseas for vacation and need your Treo 650 unlocked. They will put in a ticket and send you your unlock code and instructions within a few days. Once you do this, you will be able to use your Treo with other GSM providers.

Cincinnati Bell is likely GSM, so you could just pop their SIM in and you would be good to go.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer