1.    #1  
    Sorry if this is a very elementary question but..... I have a couple of short videos I shot using my Treo 650. I have transferred the videos to my card but its in a format I don't recognize. I have no idea how to view the video. None of the typical media players seem to work. The ultimate direction is that I want to post these videos on a my website for view by others. Can you help? Thanks!
    Were they saved to the internal ram?
    For the most part if you have quicktime they are viewable on your desktop.

what is the file extension? .pdb?
    How did you transfer the video to the card?

You should be able to easily share those videos...

More info please...
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    Windows Media Player will play the videos.
    To convert them into another format to share with friends without treos or Windows Media Player, you need some type of 3g2 converter.
    I have a video editor that I purchase a long time ago that supports 3g2 called Ulead Video Studio. I can open one of my treo vids and edit/save it however I like.
    There may be some free converters out there, try a google search for it.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmg_P1OS21 View Post
    Were they saved to the internal ram?
    For the most part if you have quicktime they are viewable on your desktop.

what is the file extension? .pdb?
    How did you transfer the video to the card?

You should be able to easily share those videos...

More info please...
    Yes, I originally save it using the internal ram. I then "copied" it to the card. But I can't seem to figure out a way to view the file on my computer let alone post it to my website for viewing.
    like jmg_P1OS21 said the newest version of quicktime should play them, a good free converter is Super http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    like jmg_P1OS21 said the newest version of quicktime should play them, a good free converter is Super http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html
    I did manage to get the video to play thru Windows Media Player, but now I would like to post it on my website for others to view. Will the erightsoft.com allow me to convert it to a format that I can post on a website for easy viewing by everyone?
    You can also always email the videos to yourself....
    I use AVS Tools: http://www.avsmedia.com/VideoTools/index.aspx

This has been the best converter for all my needs, even better and easier that Nero.

It can do the 3g2. It can do a ton of stuff.

It includes and easy to use presets for converting DVD's or Podcast stuff to be played on anything you might have. I did a simple preset for the Treo (this one was not included but easy to setup, just use the closest PDA product and do a 'save as').

I did try quite a few converters. But this one seemed not to have problems.

All the others had problems and most of the others crashed my computer.

I also liked PocketDVDWizard, but ended up with problems.

But back to your question, I would copy the video file to the external card (select the video with Pics&Videos application on your Treo) and then goto the menu and you will see an option to 'copy to card' if it was stored originally in internal memory/storage.

If you want to store to your external card when taking the photo or video make sure that before you snap or record you are pointed at the external card first. To do that, goto the Pic&Video app first, then in the upper right hand corner you will see a tiny icon of the internal memory and a tiny icon of the external memory card (the internal icon is to the left of the external card icon which is on the right. Make sure you select the external memory card icon and then goto the bottom left of the screen and tap the icon of the 'camera' when you get to the camera you can switch to the video recorder from there. Now everything will be stored to the external card.

I personally, use a memory card reader to gain access to the files on the card. It ends up being easier and alot faster than trying to do this thru the Hotsync cable and software.

When you are doing this from a card reader, you will see folders. Goto the folder that is labeled 'DCIM' that is where the photos and videos are stored on the external memory card. If you created 'albums' to sort out your photos and videos on the external card, they will appear as separate folders/directories when viewing them from a card reader in Windows.

You can then copy the file (videos & photos) to you computer and then use any of the converter programs to recode the videos to the format of your choosing.

As someone said, the palm files are in 3g2 format and that you can play them in Windows Media Player. I just tried that and it did not work for me, but that is probably because the computer I am testing this on did not have the 3g2 codec.

You need the codec to play something not in the native format for that particular player. Example, Quicktime will natively play Quicktime formated video but not WMA, you need the WMA codec for it to work.

Anyway, test it out on your computer.

If it doesn't play you need a the codec and or you need to convert the video.

I suggest converting all these into the standard .AVI format. Since almost every player can play that format. Most Treo video players can play in that format. I also have a Media Server that plays video Podcasts on my HDTV big screen straight from my computer. (No, Apple's iVideo box is not the first to do this. I have a D-Link DSM-520, try reading about what that does, it's cheap and supports 1080i the Apple only supports 720p. OK, I'm off topic now.

What I do is download video Podcasts such as dl.tv and diggnation and copy them to the Treo and watch these shows (usually a 45 minute show) on the subway while traveling to work. I use TCPMP sofware (freeware) to play these videos.

Hope I was helpful!

Rob
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 02/12/2007 at 02:17 PM.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)