Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    My 680 sits on the charger all night and comes off every morning at 90 or 91%. I can take it off, put it back on, and get it at 97%, but never more, a little while later. It never goes past 91% without being taken off and put back on the charger.

I'm just using the cord it came with (i.e., no 650 charger issues). I've installed the battery patch and reset the battery a number of times.
    Brian
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tck View Post
    Yes, we know
    Thanks, but I'm trying to find out if anyone has a fix for this specific issue without reading all of the 17 million battery-related posts.
    Brian
    BUT if you read all those pages... the answer is there...

no...
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    Quote Originally Posted by ohbw View Post
    Thanks, but I'm trying to find out if anyone has a fix for this specific issue without reading all of the 17 million battery-related posts.
    I think I have enough posts on this to tell you what seems to be the problem. The 680 doesnt appear to trickle charge properly. So, it does get to 100%, but then stops charging, and starts to use its battery (as if it was not plugged in). In support of this many have noticed that the longer it is left on the charger, the bigger the drop when it is removed from the charger. I thought my 680 had somehow recovered from this problem, but I left it on the charger for about 12h yesterday and it still happened (immediately dropped to 97 when unplugged - which is about what it would have dropped to after 5-6 hours off the charger).

The one possibly strange thing in your case seems to be that when you plug it back in to top it up, that it still drops down. This will happen if you are leaving it on the charger for longer than necessary, so try removing it as soon as the light turns green - I bet it stays at 99% then. Because you are seeing such big drops, I am also guessing that your phone drains pretty quickly under normal unplugged standby conditions (maybe >2% per hour), and that you typically leave it on the charger for >10 hours.

Another explanation for the larger drop you observe is that your battery meter may not be properly calibrated (which I believe is different from simply resetting it). This will mean that the drops you observe after charging are larger than they really are, and also that your 680 charges to 100% faster than you would expect (because the battery wasnt really as low as it seemed), and then it proceeds to discharge, possibly for most of the night.
    ....is to wait for a ROM update? Everything else seems like bandaids.
    Dennis G. Esler
    Quote Originally Posted by scouter075 View Post
    ....is to wait for a ROM update? Everything else seems like bandaids.
    A ROM update would be good and I think is expected, but the bandaids seem to work very well (for most at least)- lots of users out there dont even think about battery life any more.
  7. tck
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DIG View Post
    A ROM update would be good and I think is expected, but the bandaids seem to work very well (for most at least)- lots of users out there dont even think about battery life any more.
    G'day, mate. What other bandaids, besides camera patch? Are you referring to the battery resets steps? which I am skeptical.

Hooroo.
    Stone the crows sport, sounds like you've been practicising your strine.
    I never did the 'battery reset' thing - also not convinced it is necessary or effective. Based on my experience and what I have read on forums like this one, the two important things are: 1. the camera patch and 2. battery meter calibration (fully discharge till its as dry as a dead dingo's donger, then fully charge). These steps, combined with disabling anything you dont really need to be always on (such as Bluetooth, IR beam receive and Auto timesync) and I would expect you should see less than 1% battery drain per hour, and maybe 0.5% on standby (depending mainly on signal strength).