1.    #1  
    I would like to ask other users on IM+ 's stability on the Treo 680? Any issues?
    I had 2 crashes yesterday once, when there was an incoming message while I was in the phone App.
    Another seemed to be a spontaneous reset and there was a MemoryMgr.c chunk error while running IM+ in the crash log
    How well does the background mode work for you?
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    IM+ will reset my 680 at lease once a day. As long as I disable the IM+ background mode and quit it completely, problem goes away and my 680 become very stable. So I'm pretty sure it's the IM+ issue. Well, hopefully they can fix the bug; otherwise it's pretty useless.
  3.    #4  
    What errors are you getting? I'm experiencing resets with this error report:

"While running IM+ MemoryMgr.c, Line:3035, Chunk over-locked"
    As a long time verichat user, having to switch my Treo 680 to another IM program, has been frustrating. I was not impressed with IM+, Causerie nor with Mundu as they would each not owrk properly, or crash or freeze the Treo 680 too much. I have been using Webmessenger for an extended trial period and I have to say I am impressed and think they are quite good. I think webmessenger is the best IM client out there for the Treo 680, in terms of functionality and stability.
    http://www.webmessenger.com/products/mimpalm.htm
  5.    #6  
    I'm now trying to Resco lock IM+ - dunno if it'll do any good
  6.    #7  
    Seems to be stable now after Rescolocking IM+. For good measure have also locked some other DBs as reported by Palminternals...
    I use mundu 3.06 or whatever its called. no problems except it resets the treo sometimes: on the launch.. does icq msn aol yahoo great. no subscription fee.
    Mundu never stayed connected properly for me, as well as some others I've heard. I tried it for about a week between Chatopus and Verichat and hated it.
  9.    #10  
    Webmessenger looks interesting - and it supports Googletalk but it is subscription based.
    Yeah Mundu is not bad - did try it out earlier but it is also somewhat buggy and crashed my Treo. At least it is only a one time payment.
    Already paid for IM+ so I hope the Rescolock trick will keep it stable
  10.    #11  
    Nope it crashed again today