Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    does anyone know any ways to remove the cingular branding on 680??
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Do you mean the hardware or software?

If you mean hardware you will need a top cover.
    If you mean software then you will have to wait until there is a rom tool available.
    Or you can find a piece of software that hides it from view ... maybe others can recomend them to you.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    the cingular logo on the faceplate.
    I read something somewhere a while back about using sugar. It may have been on Engadget. Try a Google.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    has anyone here tried that before and successfully removed the cingular brand on the benzel?
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    The new Sedieo rubberized cases will cover it up nicely!
  7. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    but why go through all the effort just to remove the cingular logo?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Sound like someone intend to increase their Treo 680 value on the market w/o shell out a penny. LOL. Compares 680 Cingular $200 vs. 680 unbranded $400. It similar like people putting AMG, M emblems on their Mercedes and Bimmer.

FYI, sugar method gonna only leave you a lousy looking 680 faceplate b/c Cingular emblem/logo is a heating embedded not just simply painting as many guys thought.
    Treo Maniac?
    If you unlock your Cingular Treo and sell it as an unlocked phone, it would fetch the same price as the unlocked GSM Treo.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    i totally agree!!
    ACtually, having been around the "stupidphone" mobile phone world for awhile, Cingular historically cripples their phones with blocks and such with their particular software version that hinders the user from having all that the manufacturer installed in the phone originally.

I too would like to know if "debranding" the Cingular 680 releases some "blocked" functions...and if so, how to remove the Cingular software branding.
  12. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbulante View Post
    If you unlock your Cingular Treo and sell it as an unlocked phone, it would fetch the same price as the unlocked GSM Treo.
    Yeah, this is true. Also, i can't think of any crippling that occurred with the Cingular 680's, so far. I know that a lot of the carriers initially crippled bluetooth on the 650, didn't some of them change their stance though?