1.    #1  
    Just wondering if anyone knew if a date had been given for the next size in SDHC card. I do not think 16 is out yet, but a number of companies have either talked about it or shown a 16gb version at CES.
    WTF!? Will this even work on the Treo even with the 680 patch? My greatest fear tho is the belief that palm will prolly be shifting to minisd on all future generations. I already have a bunch of useless card formats lying around that I have noo use for anymore and am loathe to buy something that I prolly wont be able to use on my next device....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    WTF!? Will this even work on the Treo even with the 680 patch? My greatest fear tho is the belief that palm will prolly be shifting to minisd on all future generations. I already have a bunch of useless card formats lying around that I have noo use for anymore and am loathe to buy something that I prolly wont be able to use on my next device....

I dont see any reason why it work work with an 8gb and not a 16gb. Only one way to know for sure... guess you're not one of us "early adopters"
    gfunk - not an early adopter???? Ha!! You obviously haven't been around very long...
    Probably when 8GB memory stick duo is out - I am still waiting for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    I don't see the need to go to miniSD, either. Seems like a rather marginal improvement in size from the user's point of view.

But, as far as old cards are concerned, I basically only use the biggest cards in my collection, anyway. The overhead cost of keeping track of the contents of half a dozen 256MB cards is a lot more to me than it would be to just go out and buy a new 2GB card. My SD library now features 2x4GB cards and a couple of 2GB cards. All the smaller ones are basically unused.
    There is a 16gb SDHC from Patriot being advertised on eBay for over $200..

I presume prices will drop quickly.
    I've purchase and received the Patriot 16Gb Sdhc card today. Everything is working correctly with one minor problem. Card info wasn't able to format the card. Beside that, everything is working great. I performed a format via a sdhc card reader.
    Honestly, this is a waste, as everything is moving not to miniSD but microSD, as evidenced by the Centro. I'd much rather have an 8GB microSD than the 16GB SD, just because I already have a ton of useless cards now that I was upgraded by Sprint to the 755. Then you can just use adapters for any devices with the bigger slot, as opposed to being stuck.