1.    #1  
    I can't describe this coherently because I am so p*ssed

My it group pushed out a security patch and my Treo install has gone in the toilet. I have BBuddy but since I can't get a clean install it means nothing. My treo is in an endlees rest loop and so it needs to be hard reset - I am having a truly bad day.

My install always gets corrupted with a NPInstal.dll can't be found and I have tired everything to get around it and nothing I try works and I can't find the package installer file that some say works and I am at wits end

Anyone have a way to get a clean install so I can BB to restore my Treo?

Please...

Mark
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Turning money into noise and the occasional gadget
    first do a warm rest before you resort to a hard reset. I then would copy and then delete my archive file on the desktop and then only restore my essential apps like PIM etc. Backupbuddy is prolly trying to restore corrupted db's so you might want to try to disable that and then see if that works...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    As Murph would say, "things went from bad to worse - then the cycle repeated itself..."

What a show - empty palm, corrputed hotsync, inability to reinstall hotsync and buggered up backup files.

However I did manage to rebuild it but it took 14hrs...

I now have BB running on my pc and a VFS version onto an SD card.

I thought I was prepared with just BB on the pc - I was most certainly not

Another lesson learned... :-)

Mark
    Last edited by Coolspode; 02/12/2007 at 02:20 PM. Reason: typo
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Turning money into noise and the occasional gadget