1.    #1  
    Here is my situation.

I bought a treo 650 from cingular around october. I signed a 2 year contract, with a service of unlimited internet and moderate minutes for $80 a month.

So far my bills have been $110+ since then, partly due to the fact I used a lot of "text messages" - in november I had a bill for $300 because of "text message usage" - they took off the extra $200 with a waiver, but my bills each month are still over $100.

The phone itself is useless. It drops calls every 5 minutes-30 seconds. I live up on a hill in so-cal. Absolutely no service. I have to drive to town to use the phone.

The only thing I really use the phone for is a calander. Wich is ok. Internet works when it wants to. The phone and the company are garbage. I feel ripped off, but I am trapped in the confines of a contract.

Cingular will only offer to replace the phone with another one. Garbage for garbage.
    Why do your text messages run so much, how many are you doing/receiving in a month?
    What part of SoCal by the way? Do other Cingular phones drop coverage there? Do other carriers get signal in this area?
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    Cingular has text messaging packages...
    cingular charges 10 cents per text message, sent or received. i'd look into a text package...you can get like 200 for $5 or something. i have the media max data/text plan for $20, but cingular also doesn't know i'm using a treo...
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Why didn't you take the phone back after 20 days? Did you move? I do not understand why you would keep the phone if it doesn't work well for you.

If you send a lot of text messages, why don't you sign up for a text message plan? My daughter has a text message plan with Cingular that allows 3000 per month.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how any of this is Cingular's fault. Did you think you would get unlimited text messages for free?

Please explain.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    He blames Cingular for high bills, yet he's obviously not on a text messaging plan, or sending some INSANE amount of messages. Then somehow ties the Treo into it saying it has bad coverage where his house is?

Troll. Plain and simple.
    Why didn't you check on coverage before you signed a contract? The rule of thumb is to get a provider who has the best coverage for where you're living/working. Also, like said above, you normally have 20-30 days in which you can return the phone and get out of the contract with no penalty.
    Cingular might have bad coverage in that spot, but I doubt it's the Treo. I've had a few different phones with Cingular (2 SE, 1 Nokia) and the 650 by far has the most reliable connection of all. I've also had good luck with asking Cingular to tweak their signal. It usually takes a month or two, but they will take any complaints about coverage you have when adjusting antennas and planning new cell sites.
    You seem kind of new to smart phones, so I'll open with this:
    Call customer support and have them find a package that is RIGHT for you. There are a lot of different flavors and my bill is around $100 a month...FOR TWO PHONES! (extensive use of text and internet usage)

I've been using a TREO 650 for almost 2 years, you might have to go through a couple to find one that works well, as I did, my first one wouldn't work, but Cingular is good with their exchange program and can get you a good working one in very little time!
    I use Cingular and have a Cingular treo 650 and my bill is around $90 a monh with unlimited internet and message starter ( 200 messages, text, picture or video ) for $5 a month. The first thing I did wasd call about the service in my area cause I had Sprint and when I move to my new address I had bad service and was loosing calls but they were not the blame the area is the area I had to change to Cinuglar and Now know I can't blame any carrier for poor service If I didn't ask questions first.