1.    #1  
    Palm is selling a version of TomTom 6 for use on the 680, but TomTom does not sell it?

SPG
    Is that really true? What difference, however, when you can buy from TomTom and just patch the munich.bin file.
    I thought the one on the Palm website explicitly does NOT include the 680? Are you talking about the Palm Navigator II package?
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM
    IT's here for the 680
    http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=family

They do say its v6.030, and the latest we've seen from TT is 6.010.

So maybe .030 includes the little change to make it work on the 680...

I've had no issues with 6.010 on my 680 after swapping the munich.bin file for the modified version
    Blerg....not worth it. Just imagine popping the SD door open and swapping out cards every time you need to use the GPS.

NO, THANK YOU.
    I just added the maps to my existing 4Gb SD card (that has MP3's etc...) so no swapping for me...I assume you can do that with the bundled version from Palm (although I have the TT6 upgrade that came on DVD and used my own card)
    Hmmm....you got a point there....

I currently own a Garmin 2720 hooked up to my ciggie lighter via a Y connector...the other branch of which goes to my 680.

I'm worried about not being able to use the phone whilst driving AND using the GPS functionality.

A little TOO much multi-tasking...but not out of the question in the future when the hardware catches up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pighood View Post
    Hmmm....you got a point there....

I currently own a Garmin 2720 hooked up to my ciggie lighter via a Y connector...the other branch of which goes to my 680.

I'm worried about not being able to use the phone whilst driving AND using the GPS functionality.

A little TOO much multi-tasking...but not out of the question in the future when the hardware catches up.
    You can use a BT headset and TomTom at the same time. Only caveat is you have to launch TomTom again after the call starts if you need nav while on the call, AND again after the call ends.. So if you don't need nav, finish the call, then return. Be nice if there was some way around it, seems there would be.

The thing to do I guess would be assign Navigator to a opt+Hard Key so it's easy to launch.
    and I've got PTunes playing through the Treo in the Background (wired into the car stereo) while using TomTom (in between Phone calls of course)...hows that for multitasking