1.    #1  
    I need some advice on turning my treo into a portable computer. I have looked into keyboards for my Treo 650 and I see there are many to choose from. Does anyone have and suggestions based off of ones you have used?

Also, is there a way to hook into a regular monitor or some how get a larger screen for it. Obviously I would only use it when I need a portable workstation.

Let me know. Thanks.
  2.    #2  
    Nobody uses keyboards for your Treo??? This seems unusual.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I've used the palm universal IR keyboard. It works pretty well. Kind of confusing how the special keys work.

It did lose the first character I typed sometimes on my 650. I haven't installed it yet on my 680 so I can't say how it works.

Many seem to like the bluetooth keyboards, but among the other issues, you can't use bluetooth on planes, and that's when I usually use mine.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Willieygtvuy View Post
    Nobody uses keyboards for your Treo??? This seems unusual.
    I think people here have purchased so many keyboards they have become somewhat reluctant to purchase yet another.

I personally like the keyboard made by Palm (same as above?) which folds up into a very small package and has a wonderful touch to the keys - very high quality construction. I was curious to know if this would work with the 700p but don't know the model number. The cost used to be $99 as I recall.
    Last edited by copernicus; 02/12/2007 at 10:49 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by santa View Post
    I've used the palm universal IR keyboard. It works pretty well. Kind of confusing how the special keys work.

It did lose the first character I typed sometimes on my 650. I haven't installed it yet on my 680 so I can't say how it works.

Many seem to like the bluetooth keyboards, but among the other issues, you can't use bluetooth on planes, and that's when I usually use mine.
    Good point about the bluetooth and planes.

By IR I assume you are reffering to infrared. So that would mean it works by using the IR sensor that you use to beam things from one treo to the other. It seems as though you would lose the connection easy. Anytime I have had to beam info if the phones are not lined up perfectly it does not connect. Is this the case with the keyboard?
    No, the keyboard has a arm that swings to line up with the sensor so you don't lose connection unless you pick up and move the device. I can use it with my T3 in both portrait and landscape modes. The sensor arm isn't a problem at all for me. The keyboard is great for $69.99 since I can use it both with my T3 and Treo.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Is there a keyboard with a mouse pad available ?