1.    #1  
    Recently (1/29/2007) chattermail stopped downloading gmail messages off the gmail server. I can still send messages out but no longer pulls down any new messages to the treo.

Can anyone help?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    You may want to try the trick listed in Chatter's FAQ and see if it fixes for you: http://www.chatteremail.com/index.ph...d=91&Itemid=57
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Please report this as a bug to gmail. I know I have. And it's not just Chatter. I use snappermail and gmail pop enable seems to stop working every once in awhile. You have to go into gmail setting and set it enable pop for new email and then save. Unfortunately you can't do this from treo web browser. Settings are specifically disabled for any cell phone modification.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Apparently, the GMail pop service is horrible. I have a paid Yahoo account that I get all my GMail messages forwarded to and then I use the Yahoo POP to download my treo. Works flawlessly.
    There is a setting on the Gmail site that handles this. Take a look through the preferences there. I have it on my device with ChatterEmail and it works fine. Ben
    Unfortuantely the setting doesn't 'stick'. The SnapperMail people have a similar note on their site that the ChatterMail people had on their's.

There's a problem with getting real POP support out of gmail.
    I have never had that problem. Never. My setting on their site is to

Disable forwarding

In the Pop Download - nothing marked in #1, #2: delete Gmail's copy. Now with ChatterEmail I use the "Delete only on Treo" setting, which allows me to use the desktop/laptop email program to get the messages and then delete them via the desktop. That keeps the previously read messages from coming back and those deleted email messages eventually get deleted by the Gmail system.

Ben
    I started having problems with Gmail just recently. I did everything I could from reading issues related to this on the net. I just gave up. So I'm switching to AIM email on my Treo / Chatteremail app. However, I had Gmail set up for email forwarding to my AIM account should anyone try to reach me using my Gmail addy. I realized that I love Imap over Pop servers.
    I still use Blazer and access the html version of gmail directly with no email program. It works well for me.
    Laissez Faire
    I use Versamail and have never had a problem out of Gmail. I tried Snappermail but it requires the pri version for Gmail. iI like the interface better on Snapper but not enough to shell out the extra when it works fine in Versa.

Just my 2
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com