Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm getting errors whenever I try to play a YouTube video through the Kinoma 4.1 Media Guide on my 700p. Anyone else having problems?

Error:
    [filename] cannot be played. It may be an unsupported format, incompatible with this handheld, or an invalid file.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Me too. Same error, and I have a 700P also. Google video works, but no youtube.
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    I'm getting that too, but I never use it anyway, I use mobetube.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Hi

I just reported this to Kinoma. When you run into a problem like this where something worked and then doesn't work, report it to support@kinoma.com and they'll look into it. They're pretty good about fixing things quickly if it's something under their control

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    I've been having a problem where I hear the audio, but just see a black screen. Any ideas?
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol View Post
    I've been having a problem where I hear the audio, but just see a black screen. Any ideas?
    That happened to me a while ago. I reinstalled kinoma and it went away.
    It also may be the case that YouTube is undergoing changes by Google. This includes things like pulling videos that violate copyright laws as well as changing the internal way that things are handled. This is breaking sites such as MobeTube and may be the cause of some issues with Kinoma.
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    That happened to me a while ago. I reinstalled kinoma and it went away.
    I'll have to give that a try....thanks for the suggestion!
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Count me in. Bought Kinoma 4.1 yesterday and You Tube worked fine yesterday but dead today. I still can't get Orb to stream in 3GP format or any other format for that matter. I have emailed Kinoma support.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    New update released -4.1.1

Corrects the YouTube error.

Jeff
    I applied the new update, now I can't even access the media guide.
    Backed down to 4.0, the media guide works again.
    Last edited by pool_shark; 02/10/2007 at 09:25 AM.
    Wow! That was quick. New update fixed it. Excellent!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I am rarely able to connect, and now am getting "insufficient memory" error messages.

Treo 700p -- 26M free.

No problems with Google Videos; only YouTube.
    The update fixed things for me! I can stream from YouTube (mobeTube) and use the media content within Kinoma!
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    I'm getting errors whenever I try to play a YouTube video through the Kinoma 4.1 Media Guide on my 700p. Anyone else having problems?

Error:
    [filename] cannot be played. It may be an unsupported format, incompatible with this handheld, or an invalid file.

same on my 650. however the links i saved work fine.
    this pisses me off since i just got it
    I went back to 4.1.1 and retried the media guide and it worked.
    However, I just tried my bookmarks and I get out of memory errors.
    Backed down to 4.0, bookmarks worked fine.

I'm leaving 4.1.1 alone.
    I have searched and tried downloading the URL, copying and pasting it, saving and emailing to my Treo, and typing it into Kinoma...I have even successfully added the Treocast.xml to my library (it was probably easy because it was already in the Media Guide), but I CANNOT figure out how to add the AutoBlog Podcast feed to my Library. I suggested it to Kinoma yesterday, but until they add it, I want to have it (amongst others). What gives? The URL is http://podcasts.autoblog.com/rss.xml. Isnt that the URL you need to subscribe? Please Advise!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I have searched and tried downloading the URL, copying and pasting it, saving and emailing to my Treo, and typing it into Kinoma...I have even successfully added the Treocast.xml to my library (it was probably easy because it was already in the Media Guide), but I CANNOT figure out how to add the AutoBlog Podcast feed to my Library. I suggested it to Kinoma yesterday, but until they add it, I want to have it (amongst others). What gives? The URL is http://podcasts.autoblog.com/rss.xml. Isnt that the URL you need to subscribe? Please Advise!
    http://www.autoblog.com/rss.xml

all I can get is the headers... kinoma can't open the articles on my end...
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    http://www.autoblog.com/rss.xml

all I can get is the headers... kinoma can't open the articles on my end...
    So I am doing it right? All I need to do is get the URL and put into Kinoma and it SHOULD work?
    I just added Car & Driver AND Autoblog! via the URL they provided! I guess it wasnt working before!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast