View Poll Results: Have you hard reset and repaired or just soft reset and repaired?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Soft reset/Working

18 66.67%
  • Soft reset/Not Working

2 7.41%
  • Hard reset/Resynch/Rename Backup Folder/Working

1 3.70%
  • Hard Reset/Resynch/Rename User ID/Working

1 3.70%
  • Hard Reset/Not Working

5 18.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am trying to find out if doing a Hard Reset, resynching, and copy backup info, etc. has fixed your bluetooth issues. Along with the poll, if you have done this, please tell which carrier you are using, so maybe we can get an idea of some things.
    depends, what problems r u having?
    What bluetooth issue?
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    I connect to and use my Palm BT Headset without issue.
    My experience with bluetooth is HORRIBLE! Palm should be ashamed. My headset disconnects and reconnects by itself every 10 or so seconds. Many times it takes 20 to 30 seconds for it to connect when I make or receive a call. Other times it connects immediately with no problems. When the bluetooth is enabled, often, the phone will just soft reset on it's own. It will do this during a call or while just idle. Sometimes when the phone turns resets, the bluetooth is turned off. When the phone trys to synch up with a tower, it will go into a reset loop. The only way to stop it is to quickly turn the bluetooth back on before it trys to find a tower. I don't understand why some folks are not having problems and others are pulling their hair out. I'm nearly bald........
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Using a Jawbone with no issues.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    I'm using basic Treo BT Headset w/o any issues even after a soft reset.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Using an older Sony HBH-660. Works and sounds great most of the time. Once in a while it will randomly disconnect. Just have to press the headset button and it will usually reconnect.
    My bluetooth issues are pretty much nonexistent since I've started doing a soft reset once a day.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I have H700 version "b" and I have no problems except for having to repair it with my phone after pairing with my PS3
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I had BT problems when I turned it off (to save power). Now I leave BT on 24/7 and haven't had a BT problem in 6 months. For good measure I soft reset every few days and NVBackup is set to reset after creating a backup.
    I have a real Jabra JX-10, it disconnects then reconnects to the palm everytime I end a call. Sometimes, however, the palm won't let it reconnect and will instead shut bluetooth off completely. Other times, when it's connected, an incoming call will have the phone trying to ring through to the headset and boom, before any ringing or anything the phone is sent into a soft reset. I've lost about 30% of my calls this way just because I have the bluetooth headset enabled.

Mind you, the JX-10 is one of the few headsets that's actually on Palm's compatiblity lists. I also soft reset AT LEAST once a day. I should be getting NO problems with this, yet I do, even after a hard reset. I've even had my phone replaced just to make sure. I'm very much contemplating getting an 8525 this weekend and signing up with cingular/att and just wait it out for the iphone. At least with the 8525 my phone wouldn't reset on incoming calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    I had BT problems when I turned it off (to save power). Now I leave BT on 24/7 and haven't had a BT problem in 6 months. For good measure I soft reset every few days and NVBackup is set to reset after creating a backup.
    Most people state that leaving BT on drains the battery faster; but I havent noticed any difference whether its left on or off.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    I have the Palm Treo Wireless headset, and when it no longer connects to my Treo 700p nor picks up calls, I soft reset the Treo. Sometimes 1 soft reset works, sometimes it takes up to 5 or 6 soft resets to fix the bluetooth connection problem.

Basically Palm's bluetooth stack just sucks.
    My experience w/ the JX10 was couldnt connect after hard/soft reset. I was going to send it back but got lazy. What I did was run the battery out of the headset which took about 4 days.. after recharging it I got it working again with the Treo and im back ontrack. Something to try. I couldnt get it connected to my Work phone (POS Blackberry 7520). So there you have it.. Another option to try. Ive posted to a previous thread regarding BT headsets and issues but thats how I got mine working.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I also had terrible bluetooth problems. Each night I routinely turned off the bluetooth on my 700p. Each morning I had to fight to get the bluetooth to pair with my earpiece. This stopped when one night I didn't turn the bluetooth off. The next morning when I turned my earpiece on, it connected without problem. This occured over a month ago and I have not had any problem since. Try it, it may work for you as well
    Quote Originally Posted by DadMan View Post
    I also had terrible bluetooth problems. Each night I routinely turned off the bluetooth on my 700p. Each morning I had to fight to get the bluetooth to pair with my earpiece. This stopped when one night I didn't turn the bluetooth off. The next morning when I turned my earpiece on, it connected without problem. This occured over a month ago and I have not had any problem since. Try it, it may work for you as well
    I think your story pretty much sums up the bluetooth experience. COMPLETELY UNPREDICTABLE. Mine is the same way. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. It doesn't seem to matter what I do to fix it. Hard reset, soft reset, turn off bluetooth, turn it back on again. It is completely unpredictable and unreliable. I'm wondering if the problem is really the hardware and NOT the software. If it is, then the new firmware update (if it ever happens...) will not fix the problem. Maybe that's why it has taken them so long to fix it; it simply can't be fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    I have a real Jabra JX-10, it disconnects then reconnects to the palm everytime I end a call. Sometimes, however, the palm won't let it reconnect and will instead shut bluetooth off completely. Other times, when it's connected, an incoming call will have the phone trying to ring through to the headset and boom, before any ringing or anything the phone is sent into a soft reset. I've lost about 30% of my calls this way just because I have the bluetooth headset enabled.

Mind you, the JX-10 is one of the few headsets that's actually on Palm's compatiblity lists. I also soft reset AT LEAST once a day. I should be getting NO problems with this, yet I do, even after a hard reset. I've even had my phone replaced just to make sure. I'm very much contemplating getting an 8525 this weekend and signing up with cingular/att and just wait it out for the iphone. At least with the 8525 my phone wouldn't reset on incoming calls.
    I don't know what to say,this is one good thing i can say about the treo 700p--I've owned a jabra jx-10 headset for over six months now and I have only had to repair my phone with the headset 1 time (a warm reset and deletion of all bluetooth related files is all), it works flawless. I have my bluetooth on/off (via macroplay) to conserve battery power everyday and have never had an issue with it. I may have 100 problems with my treo, but bluetooth ain't one of 'em.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    What an asinine poll. Why is there not a choice in the poll for the majority of people who don't have any problems at all and dont need any resets?

My blue-tooth headset has been paired for just over 9 months now and never skipped a beat.

Dump the hacks and loose the problems.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    What an asinine poll. Why is there not a choice in the poll for the majority of people who don't have any problems at all and dont need any resets?

My blue-tooth headset has been paired for just over 9 months now and never skipped a beat.

Dump the hacks and loose the problems.
    Thanks for your asinine response. If you're not having a problem... that's all you had to say, but this is for those who do and maybe a tip or two on how you got it to work. ALSO, wise guy. I have NO HACKS on my Treo. I'm still in my probation period. It drops my Plantronics 640 after every call. I have deleted and done soft reset. Still does it. One day after disconnecting the pairing, about 2 hours later it reconnected by itself. If I soft reset, the connection is always available UNTIL I make a call and it disconnects again.

WHY CAN'T PEOPLE JUST NOT RESPOND IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BE HELPFUL!

BTW... glad you're working so well unlike the rest of us.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast