Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    Is this normal for a 680? I have Agendus Pro version 11.1 assigned to the Calendar button. When I press the button from any other application, it takes a good 3 to 4 seconds to appear. In between it's a blank screen. To go into any other application takes about 1/2 a second. Even ZLauncher comes up in a second.

    If this is normal for Agendus, is DateBK6 any better? Are there any other lighter weight agenda/today type programs out there that people like? I know about TMP, 2day, A5, MonthPlanner, and KS Datebook.

    Bob
  2. Maris's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbd View Post
    Is this normal for a 680? I have Agendus Pro version 11.1 assigned to the Calendar button. When I press the button from any other application, it takes a good 3 to 4 seconds to appear. In between it's a blank screen. To go into any other application takes about 1/2 a second. Even ZLauncher comes up in a second.

    If this is normal for Agendus, is DateBK6 any better? Are there any other lighter weight agenda/today type programs out there that people like? I know about TMP, 2day, A5, MonthPlanner, and KS Datebook.

    Bob
    It seems this might be the case. I notice a difference from using Agendus "Pre" on my TC to the Treo 680. It does just as you say, takes 4-5 seconds to open. I am usually in Agendus my entire work day, so once it loads it works quickly, so I can tolerate the first load. I am using it from my card (same as I did on my Tungsgen C) so I don't know if it would act the same if I moved it to ram. I use all the features in Agendus, so do not want to use anything less. As I said, once it loads, it works fast, but if you didn't use it consistently throughout the day, I can see that could become an issue.
  3. #3  
    I noticed that behaviour too, and is why I removed Agendus, and went back to the default calendar. Works better for me.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the replies. At least I don't think it's anything specific with my 680 or my setup. While I like Agendus, I don't use many of the high-end features. I've had it since fairly early versions and just kept it up.

    I wonder if something like Resco Locker would help.

    Bob
  5. #5  
    Agendus is a large app - 1.5mb - yes it is feature rich and I prefer it over the others for that reason - however, because of the larger footprint it does take longer to load - there are some things to do to minimize the load time though :

    *purge deleted items regularly

    is one thing to do - go to the iambic agendus forums for more tips on this - http://support.iambic.com/forum/
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    It seems this might be the case. I notice a difference from using Agendus "Pre" on my TC to the Treo 680. It does just as you say, takes 4-5 seconds to open. I am usually in Agendus my entire work day, so once it loads it works quickly, so I can tolerate the first load. I am using it from my card (same as I did on my Tungsgen C) so I don't know if it would act the same if I moved it to ram. I use all the features in Agendus, so do not want to use anything less. As I said, once it loads, it works fast, but if you didn't use it consistently throughout the day, I can see that could become an issue.
    I assume you don't have "Agendus Handles Alarms" set? You're missing out on some of the variable snooze, follow up, etc, options.. If you DO have Agendus handling alarms, it won't work if you're not in Agendus. Not sure what would happen, but I suspect the alarm would never go off.

    There's no need to have Agendus on the card in the 680, there's 64M of ram! If you're strapped for ram you must really have some serious stuff installed.
  7. Maris's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    I assume you don't have "Agendus Handles Alarms" set? You're missing out on some of the variable snooze, follow up, etc, options.. If you DO have Agendus handling alarms, it won't work if you're not in Agendus. Not sure what would happen, but I suspect the alarm would never go off.

    There's no need to have Agendus on the card in the 680, there's 64M of ram! If you're strapped for ram you must really have some serious stuff installed.
    I do have Agendus handle all my alarms, so I'm not sure what you mean. I've never missed an alarm yet. I'll take your advice, though, and move it to ram to see what the difference may be (if any). I really do not have that much installed, and most of it is on my card, so yeah ... I do have plenty of room.
  8. #8  
    Agendus Premier is 2 MB :P
    But I do use alot of it's features and it's a great Contact manager with good Calendar integration. It's said that if you are a contact-centric person you should use Agendus, but if your PIM is more towards Calendar usage you should check out Datebook+
    Having said that even with my 6000+ contact database, Agendus takes 3-4 secs to start on my Treo 680 and thereafter it is pretty brisk.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    I do have Agendus handle all my alarms, so I'm not sure what you mean. I've never missed an alarm yet. I'll take your advice, though, and move it to ram to see what the difference may be (if any). I really do not have that much installed, and most of it is on my card, so yeah ... I do have plenty of room.
    If it's on the SD card, it can't be used as the alarm manager.. I'm not sure how this worked at all.. It was in /palm/launcher ?

    Maybe it reverted to the Palm alarm manager and you didn't notice? Do you get the Agendus screen where you can go to the event, snooze some variable amount, etc?
  10. #10  
    That's probably exactly what happened (reverting to default handler).
  11. Maris's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    If it's on the SD card, it can't be used as the alarm manager.. I'm not sure how this worked at all.. It was in /palm/launcher ?

    Maybe it reverted to the Palm alarm manager and you didn't notice? Do you get the Agendus screen where you can go to the event, snooze some variable amount, etc?
    Well, I've moved it now so I don't know where it was. Yes, I did get the Agendus alarm notification screen (and was puzzled like everyone else what those crazy icons meant at first). I don't notice any significant difference in the initial slow strartup. However, like I mentioned before, I put up with that because once it starts it works great, and has so many features that help my overall productivity at work. I do use wallpapers and pictures in contacts which I have read tend to add to its slowness, but I love the "pretty" interface that offers, so it's worth the trade-off to me.

    That does bring up another question, though. In my Tungsten C, the only way to have contact pictures was through Agendus. I think it kept them in its own database. Now, on the Treo the native Palm Contacts has areas for pictures, which I have used for a few so I could see them when I get a phone call. Could this be causing a problem because now Agendus is checking two places for pictures? I'll have to go over to Iambic's forum to see if I still need to have pictures through Agendus, or move them all to the native Palm contacts instead. Not sure how that works together.
  12. #12  
    If Agendus was handling alarms while residing on the card, it must have left some sort of stub in RAM somewhere. If that's true, that's pretty cool. If people are hesitant to use Agendus only because of how much RAM it eats... thow it on the card and save your precious RAM.
  13. #13  
    Yeah, I didn't realize it could do this either.. Interesting. I would have done it on the 650 in a heartbeat. On the 680 I don't care, I have lots of stuff in ram and still 38M free.

    I've always used the built-in Contacts for pictures. It always seemed if I assigned a picture from Agendus, ONLY Agendus saw it. But if I assigned it from the built-in Contacts, everything sees it.

Posting Permissions