1.    #1  
    Has anybody discovered a solution to the problem with this Keyboard App soft crashing Treos.

My keyboard worked satisfactorily (not perfectly) with my Tungsten then I "upgraded" to a Treo 650 and got a new keyboard and it worked but it skipped and I had to watch what I was entering because it would miss entries. The keyboard would turn off at random and I could not get it to switch on again until after I executed a soft crash.

So, I deleted the app and reinstalled and now my Treo crashes every time I tap on the keyboard app. I read an old posting at the Palm Forum about a solution thoroughly removing the old keyboard app using FileZ and then reinstalling... but it didn't work...

Previous to that I exchanged my keyboard for a new on and I've exchanged my Treo for a new one... I guess it's not the hardware...

Has anybody heard of a solution to this?

For the record, I have read that there are those who wish there was a keyboard with a direct connection... you can add my name to that list. The BT and IR options are oh-so-high tech... but unreliable.

While I'm at it and if anybody's considering the purchase of a Treo. My experience has been very negative. I highly recommend investigaing other options. My Tungsten was a far superior product. I should have stuck to that and lugged a phone around seperately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynne View Post
    Has anybody discovered a solution to the problem with this Keyboard App soft crashing Treos.

My keyboard worked satisfactorily (not perfectly) with my Tungsten then I "upgraded" to a Treo 650 and got a new keyboard and it worked but it skipped and I had to watch what I was entering because it would miss entries. The keyboard would turn off at random and I could not get it to switch on again until after I executed a soft crash.

So, I deleted the app and reinstalled and now my Treo crashes every time I tap on the keyboard app. I read an old posting at the Palm Forum about a solution thoroughly removing the old keyboard app using FileZ and then reinstalling... but it didn't work...

Previous to that I exchanged my keyboard for a new on and I've exchanged my Treo for a new one... I guess it's not the hardware...

Has anybody heard of a solution to this?

For the record, I have read that there are those who wish there was a keyboard with a direct connection... you can add my name to that list. The BT and IR options are oh-so-high tech... but unreliable.

While I'm at it and if anybody's considering the purchase of a Treo. My experience has been very negative. I highly recommend investigaing other options. My Tungsten was a far superior product. I should have stuck to that and lugged a phone around seperately.
    I have had no problems with my universal wireless keyboard for about 6 months now. I have Sprint and the keyboard acted possessed until I installed an IR udate patch from the Palm site. Now the keyboard works great.
    Use the latest drivers and uninstall Realplayer 1.6.1 update in case you have that installed.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  4.    #4  
    I've updated the driver to current... at least current to a couple of weeks ago.. I'll check again.

I've read somewhere else that if you take out Realplayer it might work ...but I actually like the Realplayer feature! I have v 1.6.0. I'll take it out and see what happens. Then make my decision which one I want to keep... if I even stay with Palm.

I appreciate everybodies efforts though.
    RealPlayer 1.6.0 is built into the ROM and not so easy to remove. But that version did not conflict with the Keyboard drivers, if I recall correctly.

I have the keyboard but never ever use it....
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A