1.    #1  
    When I sync, I keep seeing the message 'syncing addit' or 'addit vault'. What is this?

Thanks,
    Yokie
    That thread mentions custom ROMs for the 680. I thought that wasn't possible, yet...
    What is AddIt? Horrible, horrible adware, that's what.

In some regards, its not unlike AvantGo - but AvantGo can be installed or not, is more user-selective as to what is downloaded and has far fewer ads.

Sadly, AddIt is 3rd Party software locked into the OS and only some of your user info can be deleted from the device via, say, FileZ, freeing up memory.

Disable the sync of it via your HotSync > Conduit settings and it won't do that anymore
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MleB View Post
    What is AddIt? Horrible, horrible adware, that's what.

In some regards, its not unlike AvantGo - but AvantGo can be installed or not, is more user-selective as to what is downloaded and has far fewer ads.

Sadly, AddIt is 3rd Party software locked into the OS and only some of your user info can be deleted from the device via, say, FileZ, freeing up memory.

Disable the sync of it via your HotSync > Conduit settings and it won't do that anymore
    Once you delete this with FileZ etc. Turn off the conduit in hot sync manager, don't open it again, and it will stop importing data.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    Once you delete this with FileZ etc. Turn off the conduit in hot sync manager, don't open it again, and it will stop importing data.
    You can delete these? Which ones are safe to delete?
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    I just selected "My Treo" with ZLauncher and hit trash bin. It apparently deleted all the feeds that were present in My Treo but left the app since it was in ROM. I gained about half Meg. Just don't open again and turn off the conduit.