Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Anyone using the latest version (2.0) of Warden. I am trying it out and looking for feedback from others. I tried TealLock and while my Treo was secure, it was a little too intrusive and detracted from the usefulness of the Treo.
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Bump
    I am, went to lockmytreo.com for it. They are not really up and running but they were very helpful on the phone and I bought it. One note after buying, I installed directory assistant's newesy version and I seemed to have a problem... not sure what or who but going back to 5.26 on DA seemed to work. I like the fact of remote destruction and wipe and the "call owner" button and in testing I did a remote lock but not a destroy and it worked fine. This is the worst case version but I was kind of hoping for something a bit less serious for day to day.... I seem to remember a lock that you could have all the time and hit a certain series of keys on your phone to unlock... anyone remember that? Like just a minor phone is laying around at the office kind of deal but I bought warden in case I lost the phone.

From them:

Dear Mark,

Thank you for using Warden Security for your Treo. Please retain this message as it provides pertinent details for your Treo security.

Warden provides uncompromising security for your Treo and is the *only* solution that secures your Treo for data and phone (both: inbound and outbound calls). It is supported on all Treo devices - both Access OS (Models: 700P, 680, 650, 600) and Windows Mobile 5.0 (Models: 750V, 700WX, 700W). Warden elevates native security to a much more dependable level with its remote ability to secure device with its SD Card, encrypt or delete data and more. Go: LockMyTreo.com.

Only Warden provides options to secure your Treo remotely on demand, via web and phone, to prevent your phone and data from being exposed to unauthorized viewers. Integration with Lost and Found service helps retrieve your lost device.

Warden enforces data protection with an unobtrusive interface, giving you the freedom to use your device freely without forcing you to login at all times.
    Quote Originally Posted by matrixcode View Post
    I am, went to lockmytreo.com for it. They are not really up and running but they were very helpful on the phone and I bought it. One note after buying, I installed directory assistant's newesy version and I seemed to have a problem... not sure what or who but going back to 5.26 on DA seemed to work. I like the fact of remote destruction and wipe and the "call owner" button and in testing I did a remote lock but not a destroy and it worked fine. This is the worst case version but I was kind of hoping for something a bit less serious for day to day.... I seem to remember a lock that you could have all the time and hit a certain series of keys on your phone to unlock... anyone remember that? Like just a minor phone is laying around at the office kind of deal but I bought warden in case I lost the phone.

Thank you for your note. Well, yes we are working on few things in the backend to make sure users are able to get through most of steps without any issues and one of those works also includes providing all Warden users with new User guide.

Ref. to Directory assistant issue: This is new to our attention and we would be glad to resolve this using your help and few inputs on the same. Considering it is not possible to identify users here, would request you to share your inputs via email here: solutions[at]corsoft[dot]com

Ref. to day to day locking i.e. manual lock of the device or auto lock defined by user. You could tap on Lock & Turn Off..to manually lock your device as in when device is under your control. OR tap on Auto lock drop down to selecte your choice to lock your device after specified interval of time.

To unlock manually locked device, If you are referring to Quick access key feature, refer below for detail explaination:

Quick access works this way. Once you specify a set of 3 or more hard keys then once you enter those keys it directly unlocks your device. Quick access works for once, if you press wrong keys first time then you won't be able to unlock it via quick access. It will only work once and does not have room for backspace or any key stroke on the locked device. In reference to same there is a flag on lock screen which shows couple of things. When you press it, the flag changes its presentation and displays the date, time and reason for the device to lock. Since the device can lock for many reasons, this helps you know what caused the device to lock up. That information is presented for approx 15 seconds and it will restore its state back to normal presentation.

The color of the flag presents the state of Quick Access. When the flag is red, then Quick Access is NOT available. When it is YELLOW, then Quick Access may be used. When you first press the application keys for Quick Access, the flag will alternate itself between the red and yellow (waiving state), to visually illustrate that you have a total of 10 seconds (from the first press) to get your quick access password in. If the complete quick access password is not punched in within the available time, than the device will present a red flag and Quick Access is no longer available to unlock the device.

Please note that Quick Access is NOT available when your device is locked remotely (we interpret that as a lost device state) and in that case, the device will not show the flag or the lock icon that presents the number of unlock attempts.

I hope this answers your question. If there is anything else, I can help you with, drop us a line here: solutions[at]corsoft[dot]com
    Tim K