1.    #1  
    Like most of you, I rely on my 700p for just about everything. I've been very patient and since 11/06 I have endured the quirks/resets/crashes simply because I don't see another device that does what the 700p does - for true fans and power users, you know what I mean. At any rate, despite my fondness of my 700, last night I was about ready to smash it against the wall (not literally, but that's just how frustrated I was)

Why?

A corrupted DB, from a piece of software I use daily, caused multiple other applications (NVBackup being one of them) to fail, one-by-one. Fail meaning an instant reset when I attempt to launch it - then I got the ACCESS loop. Easy fix right? Do a hard reset, reload apps one at a time leaving out the bad one?

I did a hard reset, tried to do a Selective Restore using NVBackup and guess what? NVBackup, the only 3rd party app installed, immediately resets the phone!!??!! At this point, I am ready to toss it because not only have I just erased the phone, but now I can't restore anything, no passwords, no banking info, no contacts, nothing.

But alas, the Palm KB! I've never heard of this reset mentioned for the 700p, but I post it here for those who may find themselves in a similar situation.

Set a security password, hold the power button, remove the battery?

(Full instructions here)
    http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...Case=obj(15574)

Thankfully, this worked, and along with NVBackup (Big big thanks to Alex Pruss) I am a happy 700 owner again....
    VERY interesting but link broken/article removed from Plam's KB. Would you summarize?

Be well and backup often, all.

David
  3.    #3  
    Try this link - http://tinyurl.com/2a3p9n -the KB link was too long and was truncated after being pasted.

I echo the senitments of dhbuckley,

"Be well and backup often, all."
    Thanks egn!
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    That sounds scary. Does that keep your phone number and Sprint Power Vision information (or Verizon's equivalent?)
  6.    #6  
    The reset does retain your phone number and Vision settings.