Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    This has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Just because some idiots got hit by a car has to ruin it for the rest of us.

IMO they are to stupid to be in this world then. Imagine how dangerous they were behind a wheel?
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    A law will soon be passed by the government making it illegal not to breath. . . . .

Whatever happened to responsibility to yourself and your fellow travelers on this rock?
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I am going to recommend a "no running" in Boston law. When people fall they are getting hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Whatever happened to responsibility to yourself and your fellow travelers on this rock?
    Isn't that the government's job?
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris View Post
    I am going to recommend a "no running" in Boston law. When people fall they are getting hurt.
    I'm going to propose a $100 fine for running with scissors.

(I'm also going to propose we move this to OT)
    remember- there's gotta be an exemption for the boston marathon... or on second thought- that would net the city a lot in fines...

these laws are really stupid- it seems like NY is just all about telling people what not to do lately... the mandatory headsets, no trans fats...

that law is pretty much telling people that they shouldn't cross the street if they can't hear whats going on around them... while i understand that it's good to hear that car honking its horn at you about to hit you... what about people who are deaf? is it illegal for them to cross the street???
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    That is a good point about the deaf.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    hoovs... no one likes a tattle tale. Teacher! Teacher! guess what Chris did!
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs View Post
    Isn't that the government's job?

(The 14 year old is going over the Constitutional Convention and ratification in History the past two weeks. . . . .they would be horrified.)
    I used to live in Brooklyn NY and some people should just not drive and don't get me started on those farking taxi drivers..

Al
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    It's been a while since I studied government, but just because one politician mentions something (no matter how inane), that doesn't automatically make it law.
    The founding fathers (probably) anticipated that there would be stupid lawmakers thus creating the concept of 'checks and balances'.
    I'll take odds on this one not becoming enacted.
    I say let natural selection take its course in cases like this...
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I doubt it will become law.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Shouldn't the onus be on the drivers blowing through the intersections, instead of the electronically distracted pedestrians? I know some pedestrians tend to just saunter across a street, but in most cities the pedestrians(however stupid they may be) have right of way.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    dwman, that was the argument on my fav talk station. Pedestrians have the right away. But what did mom teach us day one crossing the road? Look both ways first.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    ...my mom taught me that they "...have the right of way, all the way to the hospital" (that is, sure they have the right of way, but that doesn't mean that it is okay to let the judgement and common sense go on vacation)
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Would this be considered iwalking?
    I agree. . . common sense dictates you watch where you are walking . . .no matter what the law might say. .. . . .I remember the old traffic safety slogan: ''You may be right -- but you could be dead right.''

The proposed legislation is just grandstanding. One -- it would be an over reach by government and, Two, how would it be enforced? Volume off or earphones out of ears when crosssing?

Bring on the meter maids. . . . .err . . the Pod Police!
    This law hasn't been passed yet, has it? It probably WON'T fly for very long if it did, because it's too restrictive! And also you should look where you're going anyway when crossing the street! I always do here because the drivers think pedestrians don't exist!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    stupid..why didn't they ban ppl?! That'd solve ALL their problems
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast