1.    #1  
    Looking for an app to record a macro (freeware preferably). I'm particularly interested in having a macro to set the screen to be "always on" when I am using my TomTom. I have the AlwaysOn program to do this but it is a pain to open it, scroll down, click "always on", and hit OK 2X (mostly because I'm usually driving at the time). Any ideas?
    SE P900-->Treo 650 (Cingular)-->Qtek 9100-->Treo 650 (Unlocked)-->Treo 680 (Unlocked)-->Treo 650-->ATT Tilt-->Blackberry Curve-->?PRE
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cutoffcirc View Post
    Looking for an app to record a macro (freeware preferably). I'm particularly interested in having a macro to set the screen to be "always on" when I am using my TomTom. I have the AlwaysOn program to do this but it is a pain to open it, scroll down, click "always on", and hit OK 2X (mostly because I'm usually driving at the time). Any ideas?
    VoiceNavit will record macros, but it's not free by any means. I didnt find it very good for Voice commands (my voice varies too much for it to cope with, yours may not). You could trigger the macros manually in any case (within the app itself), but this starts to defeat the purpose, especially when it's a reasonably short sequence, as for settinng AlwaysOn. (In fact I would strongly recommend [if using it for voice commands] not having a lot of complicated macros, because it can be very annoying if one of these is initiated in error).

When I was using it for voice commands, I was also setting my 650 to Always-on or otherwise (I use the app "AutoOff) and apart from sensitivity to my voice, it worked fine.

Annoyingly, the demo version, when I DL'd it, was rather crippled and didnt do macros at all. So it's an expensive trial exercise!!

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Look for a program called MacroPlay. I've seen it in some other threads.
    It's not free, but not real expensive either. You can find it at http://xvisionnow.tripod.com/cgi-bin/macroplay.pl

Sorry, haven't used it but it sounded interesting enough to save the link
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the help so far. Macroplay is cheap but I still have trouble parting with 12.99 to do one thing. Maybe I can come up with some other uses...
    SE P900-->Treo 650 (Cingular)-->Qtek 9100-->Treo 650 (Unlocked)-->Treo 680 (Unlocked)-->Treo 650-->ATT Tilt-->Blackberry Curve-->?PRE
  6.    #6  
    New program called Treomax in...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=114276

...pretty much solves the problem. With this, hard keys can toggle default auto off time and "never off". No need for a macro now. Thanks Stevengoh...
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    myKbd for a long time had a fairly well hidden macro feature that lets you assign macros to the 4 hard keys (press or hold). Once somebody asked me if I could make myKbd run on devices without a DIA. I've done that in 1.50. The macros feature does not require registration.

http://zlthemes.com/Programs.php

If you have a DIA (T3/T5/TX/LD), go to menu | options | macros. If you don't have a DIA (e.g., Treo), you'll start in the macros mode.

Note that this is beta quality for non-DIA users.