1.    #1  
    so i tried posting on mytreo but i havent received an answer yet so i want to see if maybe someone can help me here. i really hope so. here is what was posted over on mytreo

the phone will drop calls if i only have 2 bars of signal. after it drops a call, the phone gets weird and will randomly freeze up if i try to use it immediately after. i have to perform a soft reset which sucks cause i have to pair up my bluetooth headset again. also sometimes when i go to make a call, it will go to the dialing screen, but then it will just stop and go back to the phone home screen and not make the call. i have to try this 3-4 times before it will actually dial out. i love my treo but this is my second 650 in the last month and the problems are bringing me so close to just ordering a new blackjack or something. has anyone experienced the same problems i have? should i do a custom rom? how high is the risk of me bricking the phone if i attempt to do a custom rom? blackjack or 8525 are looking mighty nice to me right now (i use to have a PPC-6700 but left sprint).

maybe someone can help me with something real quick. okay so i bought this phone off of ebay. it was unlocked GSM phone. so im looking at the palm website to see if i need to update the rom or not but i cant find my carrier (cincinnati bell). should i use the unlocked GSM updater that they are listing? my phone says Palmone on it as well. doesnt say cingular or anything like that except for on the battery door, it says verizon.
    can anyone help? carrying my razr around is killing me! i miss having a qwerty keyboard
  2.    #2  
    oh and the only third party applications i have installed are minitones and volumecare which i dont think are my problem because the phone worked flawlessly for a couple weeks with these applications installed.
    An unlocked GSM that says Verizon. . . .??? Now there is a hybird.

If it is GSM, does it have a SIM card? Could it be loose or bad? Is it only the phone function that is acting up?

Not likely the problem, but just in case:
    http://supportcingular.atgnow.com/cn...s/KB53306.html
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/08/2007 at 10:32 AM.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    An unlocked GSM that says Verizon. . . .??? Now there is a hybird.

If it is GSM, does it have a SIM card? Could it be loose or bad? Is it only the phone function that is acting up?

ahh i shouldnt have mentioned the verizon battery door because i knew that would confuse people. anyways yes it does have a sim card. it is somewhat loose but would that cause my problems im having? i just now did the cigarette box cardboard trick to the simtray. i will see if that helps. my main concern right now is finding the right rom update for my phone on the palm website. the software on my phone is 1.13-row. i am on cincinnati bells network with a unlocked treo. is this the right rom?
    Good temp fix on the sim card. . . .maybe that will do it.

We will have to wait for some GSM folks to jump in here on what the right ROM for your unit is. . . . .

Good Luck.
  6.    #6  
    actually now that i think about it. the radio/phone doesnt reset or turnoff. it just does what i describe above. im hoping i just need to update the rom but that is the problem im having at the moment. i just dont know which updater to download from the palm website
    There's a good chance it's a SIM problem. If securing the SIM in the tray doesn't work, you could always go to your provider and request a new SIM. They replace them for free.

As far as a ROM, it's pretty straighforward if you're just doing the Palm firmware updates. If you're trying to customize a ROM, that's another story. I'm with Cingular, so I don't know anything about the Sprint/Verizon ROMs.

Ack! Perry...now I see the greeny! I didn't notice it before! I have a green TREO!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by IWearMyKswiss View Post
    so i tried posting on mytreo but i havent received an answer yet so i want to see if maybe someone can help me here. i really hope so. here is what was posted over on mytreo

can anyone help? carrying my razr around is killing me! i miss having a qwerty keyboard
    I think you need this one:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...lockedgsm.html
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post

just wat i was looking for. i REALLY hope this fixes my phone
    Sims Trays have been a known problem on some of the earlier 650. Try a small thickness of paper behind the card, the sticky part of a post-it or two. If thats it. Palm was giving replacement trays if you called.

Also... you would want the unlocked GSM updater from Palm, but a hint, you never can tell whats been done to one off eBay
  11.    #11  
    i have the rib on my sim tray which is the simtray fix palm was doing. i also just did the updater. it was completed successfully. i REALLY hope this fixes my phone because i love the treo but im not gonna pay for another one if this one is still bad. im keeping my fingers crossed
  12.    #12  
    well updating the rom didnt help. i think im just gonna give up on my treo
    Did you try getting a new SIM card from your provider? I've had to do it once with my 650 and twice with my 680. It's worth a try before you give up
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Did you try getting a new SIM card from your provider? I've had to do it once with my 650 and twice with my 680. It's worth a try before you give up
    since its a free attempt ill try it. could my problem really be related to a sim problem? cause i use the same sim in my razr and the razr functions fine
    p