1.    #1  
    Could someone tell me why my phone will sometimes ring while I'm on the web but the majority of the time it goes to voicemail.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    if it is a GSM provider, GSM does not have the capabilities to offer voice and data at the same time. until UMTS comes out.
    anywho, when you are on the web, unless you are actively downloading then the call will come through. for example, you just finished loading a page or the page has stopped loading for some reason, if the call is timed right, it will be able to go through to your phone because your browser is not actively using your data connection.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks.....I've had this phone for almost a year and couldn't figure that out.
    I did extensive testing and even when you are loading pages, 7 out of 10 times your calls will come through using GSM.
    Lots of little interruptions when browsing in Blazer. You could try one of the speed test sites which will take 4-5s to complete a download and see what happens. I suspect you'll see it go to VM 100% of the time if you call while it's transferring. If there's no data movement, it should ring on. Voice calls take priority.
    Quote Originally Posted by tate0328 View Post
    Could someone tell me why my phone will sometimes ring while I'm on the web but the majority of the time it goes to voicemail.
    Good question now I no, The same thing always happens to me.. Now I no.