1.    #1  
    I need a little help here. I might be forced to send it back to Cingular for a replacement if I can not solve this problem in the next couple of days. Anyway, at least 3 - 4 times a day my Treo 650 turns the phone feature off by itself. I will be working at my desk with the phone sitting there and I hear that all familiar chime and see the Cingular message of goodbye and the phone turns off. Sometimes it happens when I am traveling and I am unaware that it off. Isnít than special? It seems to be more prevalent when I take the phone out of a pocket after being outside Ė not sure as I may be reading more into it than necessary but an engineer friend of mine says that it could be related to static electricity and tells me to dump the Palm as they are subject to issues like that. Frankly I am a bit dubious of that root cause. Anyone out there have any ideas? It is such a pain to work with Cingular on these matters. I would rather just fix it.
    I'm on a roll tonight . . . . I think this will be my 4th link to this post:

Could be a hardware or software glitch. To find out:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...22&postcount=5

Do you get static pokes often? One pair of pants, more than another? Static, in my mind is a very outside chance. You could test this for a day or two by changing your carrying method to eliminate the issue. Does it cycle off during the night on the dresser? Only when you carry it in your pocket. . . . . ? Hmmm. . . . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/07/2007 at 08:37 PM.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Ahh yes -- I forgot that issue!!!!!!!!!!