Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Cingular says its not them and tried resetting my call waiting feature as advised by someone here in a post but that didnt fix the problem

Palm has sent me yet another refurbished phone, this time "hand tested" by a tech support guy... my 12th refurbished phone... and still the problem is here...

what to do?

The problem is - when im on a call and I get another call, once I switch over - the new caller cant hear me but I can hear them, when I switch back to my first call, now they cant hear me...

Its VERY frustrating... whos to blame???
    Hey JD !

12 phones in a row can't possibly have the same failure. I am suspecting a software glitch created by 3rd party software you have installed. . . and is restored to each subsequent replacement thru the hotsync process. . . .

Hot sync to back up.
    Hard Reset
    Run with the phone this way for a day.
    If it happens in this out of box state -- then it is a hardware issue. . . . .

If it doesn't happen in this state -- then it is something in your software and this clean install process will help you find the offending software . . . just remember to install one new software a day at a time -- to see which one is the problem . . .

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...22&postcount=5

Given that this is a Cingular phone -- the loose SIM problem could be at play -- but I never heard of it causing this issue . . . or do you have a bad sim that is possibly transferring the problem to each refurb. . . .?

http://supportcingular.atgnow.com/cn...s/KB53306.html
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/08/2007 at 04:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JD76 View Post
    Cingular says its not them and tried resetting my call waiting feature as advised by someone here in a post but that didnt fix the problem

Palm has sent me yet another refurbished phone, this time "hand tested" by a tech support guy... my 12th refurbished phone... and still the problem is here...

what to do?

The problem is - when im on a call and I get another call, once I switch over - the new caller cant hear me but I can hear them, when I switch back to my first call, now they cant hear me...

Its VERY frustrating... whos to blame???

I have the same problem.... Pisses me off so bad I almost tossed the phone out my window... Worst part is... It happens only about 50% of the time..

But it always knows when the call I am about to switch to is VERY IMPORTANT... Then it acts up...

I have had the issue since the phone was new with Cingular firmware.. Now it's unlocked with 1.20-ENA Firmware 1.71. Also I have a custom ROM...

Only 3rd party apps I use is
    Snapper Mail
    Backupman
    Tom Tom
    Docs to Go (Whiich came with the Phone)
    VolumeCare - Jeff is well aware of this Call Waiting Bug.. He said his software eliminates it... I was not so lucky.. I have the 5.59 and it still has problems..

Almost thinking of doing a completely new firmware load back to Original Cingular.