Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    When charging overnight, I always use the ac charger. My 680 always comes off at 99% and stays that way for a reasonable time. So, the drop isn't as simple as just the charger.
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
    Can I offer a different conclusion.
    AC charges faster, so it reaches 100% earlier and therefore drains for longer before you unplug it in the morning.
    USB cable charges slower, reaches 100% not long before you unplug it, so it stays at 99 when unplugged.
    Just an idea - is this possible with your scenario?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    When charging overnight, I always use the ac charger. My 680 always comes off at 99% and stays that way for a reasonable time. So, the drop isn't as simple as just the charger.
    Mine too. I think this is related to how well the battery lasts off the charger. If it normally stays at 99 for a few hours (mine does), then maybe that is why you and I dont see the drop. - I still see it if I leave it on the charger for long enough.
    Quick question: When folks talk about "AC charger", do they include a cradle? I presume we're mainly talking about the charger delivered with the Treo, but the cradle is also AC.

I ask because I'm considering getting a cradle because it may goad me into more regular charging and syncing.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    After the update I was getting 3 days plus....

this weekend I was away for 36 hours and both my batteries died inside 10 hours each....

little real use just a little surfing 30 sms and I was roaming on another network....

the drain at one point with the phone doing nothing was 17% in an hour - I actually pulled the battery out to make sure I had enough juice to make a call when I got off the return flight....
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I am still trying to find a thread on this, but is there a way to tell which apps are actually running in the background?

I am having the same problem all of a sudden that many have reported after installing the camera patch. I was having acceptable battery life with normal use, i.e. Bluetooth and IR off, Good running all the time, making a few phone calls, occasionally looking something up on the web and ending the day with about 20% power left.

Suddenly though I am seeing a steady drain. I have done a couple of resets to see if I can shut down anything that might be running. I am looking for an app that will let me know what is running at anyone time on my 680, kind of like Windows task manager's running processes applet.
  7. tck
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    My battery seems to drain about 10% every 4 to 6 hours - roughly. I was at 99% yesterday at 4:00, I am at 70% now (with minimal use, some PDA functions, a couple of calls, a little data transfer, etc). So it looks to be about 3 to 4 days.

Chris
    I noticed my patch disappeared from my apps page soon after I used it.. Is this normal?

I'm asking because I noticed a reversion to the old battery drain ways after an initial improvement post-patch. I REINSTALLED the patch and then started getting no drain again for awhile, which then reverted. It seems like the patch is a temporary help for me which needs to be "re-done".. does this make sense???
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInDiego View Post
    I noticed my patch disappeared from my apps page soon after I used it.. Is this normal?

I'm asking because I noticed a reversion to the old battery drain ways after an initial improvement post-patch. I REINSTALLED the patch and then started getting no drain again for awhile, which then reverted. It seems like the patch is a temporary help for me which needs to be "re-done".. does this make sense???
    I just got my new 680 and noticed it still had the 3.0 version of the camera library, so I installed it during my first sync. After running it, it rebooted and showed 3.1 as the version. And the installer itself had disappeared as you had noted. So I think this is normal behavior.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12