Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is whack. I go to camera app & the default place to store photos is a "palm" folder on the sd card which I never created. I go & delete the folder from sd & it pops back again when I enter the camera app. What the dealio
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    This is whack. I go to camera app & the default place to store photos is a "palm" folder on the sd card which I never created. I go & delete the folder from sd & it pops back again when I enter the camera app. What the dealio

It was a feature Palm added to save you, me and many others around here from having to respond to "How come I am out of memory?" threads.

Big Brother knows best has come to the PDA world. . . .

3.    #3  
    ?? so this is built in & automatic once I insert a card?
    Mine behaves the same way . . . . . .
    It would be nice if this was the default action, and then there was an option to change the default folder. I hate it when my memory card is full and I want to take a quick picture and I have to switch the folder. A bit of a pain.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    shouldn't it default to DCIM?
    If I could know then, what I know now.
  7.    #7  
    I could have sworn mine did with my old card. but with my new 8gb card it defaults to "palm". maybe something happened when I formatted it...
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris View Post
    shouldn't it default to DCIM?

Are we not talking about "Palm" as a sorting category assigned to the photo such as "Friends" "Disney Trip" "Reunion" within the Pics and Videos application? As far as I know -- all pics are still going to the DCIM directory on the SD card. . . .

Yes, I know -- there is a PALM directory on the card -- but no pictures are being savd there.
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/08/2007 at 05:58 AM.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Perry that was what I was saying. I was to lazy to type via Treo.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
  10.    #10  
    oh I see. yes it saves ro DCIM overall folder but it creates a Palm folder on that directory & that becomes the default folder when I open the app. the pain is opening the camera app, changing the default folder to something else & then taking a photo. as slow as the dang treo is, this is not really efficient for quick snapshots. I also swear that before the default was "Palm" but in the internal memory. anyone else confirm this?
    how does one get to the camera menu in treo 700p to standardize naming of files and to set 1024 vs lower resolution? thx
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    how does one get to the camera menu in treo 700p to standardize naming of files and to set 1024 vs lower resolution? thx
    Bring up the camera app. Once its running, press the "menu" key on the keyboard (the key on the lower right side of the keyboard). There is only one menu option under the camera app. You can select image size, and a custom naming convention.

JM
    oh I see. yes it saves ro DCIM overall folder but it creates a Palm folder on that directory & that becomes the default folder when I open the app. the pain is opening the camera app, changing the default folder to something else & then taking a photo. as slow as the dang treo is, this is not really efficient for quick snapshots. I also swear that before the default was "Palm" but in the internal memory. anyone else confirm this?

On the 650 the default was internal memory. . . .
  14.    #14  
    I thought this was the case on 700p. can anyone else confirm this?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    My experience is the same as yours. Before I got the SD card the camera defaulted to an "album" called PALM on the phone itself. As soon as I got a SD card (the same 8GB sdhc card) it now defaults to an album called PALM on the SDHC card.

I renamed this default album to "PALM_SDHC" and moved all my pictures there. The next time I opened the camera, it re-created the PALM album on the SD card and defaults to it.

It makes sense to default to the SD card since the camera resolution on the 700P is 4X the 650... so you will run out of internal memory quickly. I do wish you could specify the default though.

JM
  16.    #16  
    that sucks. the point of a camera phone is for QUICK snapshots. Now by the time I open the camera app & switch categories, the moment has passed. not to mention when I delete a photo from the card is takes around 10 seconds! hey jimmarako does this happen to you too? i wonder if it will help if I reformat the card on my pc...
    that sucks. the point of a camera phone is for QUICK snapshots. Now by the time I open the camera app & switch categories, the moment has passed. not to mention when I delete a photo from the card is takes around 10 seconds! hey jimmarako does this happen to you too? i wonder if it will help if I reformat the card on my pc...
    Why don't you just take the pictures and then change the category later?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    For the record, I have a Transend 8GB SDHC card. When I got it I did not format it in any way, I just stuck it into the 700p (after using a regular SD card to copy over the SDIO file per the SDHC thread). I starting move apps and files to it, and it seems to work OK. Currently my card is very empty.... only about 300KB used. Mainly I have a handful of apps, documents, videos, and pictures on the card.

I tried deleting photos from the card (deleted within the "photo and video" app standard to the 700p). It only took ~1-2 seconds to delete a photo. To delete 3 photos took ~3 seconds. I tried moving 3 photos from the card -> card, card -> device, device->card, then deleted them. Each operation only took ~3 seconds. So I do not seem to have the great delay others are having.

For now I decide not to "fight" with the camera app, so I deleted the Palm album/folder from my SDHC card. I then renamed my Album/folder to Palm so by default any pictures/videos I take will go into my album. If I start to collect 100's of photos, then I'll need to start moving them around.

The previous poster already suggested what I was going to say. For quick shots, its simple enough to just let the camera sticks the photos wherever it wants, then move them later. If your card is really that slow/full, the only thing I can suggest is to see if you can "defrag" it using the standard windows tools. That might help.

Good luck
    JM
    It would be nicer if we could select what folder (no matter where, card or device) and choose that for default. I'm annoyed when I take a picture/video and it goes into the Palm folder on my card when I want it to go into PalmSD folder on the card (so I can tell the difference between Palm ---- Palm when I'm prompted to save a picture from teh internet.
    And I hate the fact that you can't change the sort order when trying to attach a photo in an email. It always pulls up the oldest pictures first...wtf?
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast