1.    #1  
    I have a new 680 Treo and I'm getting a "Unable to initiate Hot Sync operation due to system error" and it won't sync....anyone know how to fix this? It worked fine for a month then nothing....tired turning the phone off and nothing....It will start and about 5 seconds later, I get the error message?

New Treo 680
    Hot Sync 6.0.1
    Windows Media Center Version 2002 XP Service Pack 2

Thanks,
    Todd

Treo 680 (Cingular)

Treo 680, past 650, 600
  2.    #2  
    Bump? Anyone? Help?
    It's kind of basic but worth running through to make sure you've done everything. It's possible that a program you've installed has unset something.

Goto palm support and lookup article # 2630
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    It's kind of basic but worth running through to make sure you've done everything. It's possible that a program you've installed has unset something.

Goto palm support and lookup article # 2630
    I uninstalled and reinstalled the Palm Desktop on my computer and still won't sync....UGH!
    How much unsaved data is on the Treo?

Of course, if you do the following -- and the process does not work -- you will not have the services of your prior Treo data until you find the resolution to this hotsync issue. (You will have an empty Treo and no ability to HotSync to get your data back onto it. . . .)

If none -- I would HARD RESET -- and try to sync to a test userid -- if this works -- then I suspect a software glitch in your current set up is giving Hotsync a fit.

If it does not HotSync in the Hard Reset clean state -- then I believe your Treo(hardware) or your HotSync Cable has issues. . . .

A software glitch can be cleaned by the following. . . .
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...22&postcount=5
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/08/2007 at 06:50 AM.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GaBoYnFla View Post
    I uninstalled and reinstalled the Palm Desktop on my computer and still won't sync....UGH!
    My next step would be to rename my backup folder, do a hard reset on the Treo, and try again. If that works, you know some program or possibly corrupted data is the culprit.

Are you getting the same error now that you have reinstalled the 680 desktop app?
    I know this is stupid, but do this just to be sure: go to hotsync on your 680, and press menu. Go to Connection Setup. I assume you will see a list of things including the name of your PC, and it should be highlighted. Then don't stop--go to Edit. It should show Connect to PC, and beneath that, Via Cradle/Cable, if you're using a cable, which you seem to be.

Mine has screwed up a couple of times when one of those settings simply changes apparently on its own. Just thought it might help....
    I have no problems with the 680 except on my home machinge which now runs Vista Home Premium the Quick Install applet does not work. Any Suggestions?
    NorManley