Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I have many contacts in my contact list who have multiple phone numbers.

For example, I have my parents listed as ONE contact. They have a home phone and a cell phone for each of them. To deal with this, I enter "Mom Cell" after my Mom's cell number and "Dad Cell" after my Dad's cell number. Two seperate "mobile" numbers listed for this contact.

My credit union has multiple numbers for different purposes. So again, I enter the number followed by a purpose of each number this time listed as seperate "work" numbers.

When I call some of these contacts, I get a window on my Treo after the call connects. This window asks me if I want to enter digits (I'm pretty sure this is the additional characters that I've got following the number). The weird thing about this is that I don't see this for every contact that's set up this way. Some contacts get connected without Treo asking me this.

Anyway, I have a suggestion. Is there someway that I can enter some special character in the phone number listing that will tell the dialer NOT to enter the following digits?
    Don

Handspring Visor => Handspring Visor Deluxe => Sony Clie T615c => Treo 650 on Verizon => Treo 700p on Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by doni49 View Post
    I have many contacts in my contact list who have multiple phone numbers.

For example, I have my parents listed as ONE contact. They have a home phone and a cell phone for each of them. To deal with this, I enter "Mom Cell" after my Mom's cell number and "Dad Cell" after my Dad's cell number. Two seperate "mobile" numbers listed for this contact.

My credit union has multiple numbers for different purposes. So again, I enter the number followed by a purpose of each number this time listed as seperate "work" numbers.

When I call some of these contacts, I get a window on my Treo after the call connects. This window asks me if I want to enter digits (I'm pretty sure this is the additional characters that I've got following the number). The weird thing about this is that I don't see this for every contact that's set up this way. Some contacts get connected without Treo asking me this.

Anyway, I have a suggestion. Is there someway that I can enter some special character in the phone number listing that will tell the dialer NOT to enter the following digits?
    Hi,

If you're using TAKEphONE to make the calls, you can add a ':' before the suffix text. TAKEphONE will ignore it.

"212-333-4444 :Mom's phone"
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    THANKS! I'm going to add that now.
    Don

Handspring Visor => Handspring Visor Deluxe => Sony Clie T615c => Treo 650 on Verizon => Treo 700p on Verizon