Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    i've been reading over and over again about the 680 battery issues. there has been some solutions where you should drain it to 0 and recharge it again.
    and then there's the camera/battery patch that was released by palm. has the patch fixed the battery issue on everyones 680? i'm just curious to hear from 680 owners. i am about to purchase a 680 soon.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    It is not the battery issue at all. There is s/th relates to firmware. Batt. life of Treo 680 factory settings, no 3rd application,everything off; last only 36hrs vs Treo 650 after 96 hrs lost only 1% (down to 98%) The treo 680 standby time couldn't even compare to Life Drive. That's totally nuts.

The patch, in my case, doesn't do any good!

Here is what i've got.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...a_IMG_0259.jpg
    Last edited by treoluv; 02/06/2007 at 03:40 PM.
    Treo Maniac?
    do a search on this - many threads about whether the patch works or not - plus other tips

Keep beam off, lower brightness down a bit, invest in another battery, do the battery cycle, install camera patch.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    wow, treoluv. u must really luv the 680
    Quote Originally Posted by fondoo View Post
    wow, treoluv. u must really luv the 680
    I was about to say the same thing - was it just because you couldnt decide on which color?

1% battery in 96 hours! If accurate, that would equate to 40 days. Do you want to sell it -looks like you can spare one.

I know it is hard to argue with the stats from someone who owns ten 680s, but it is worth adding that there are lost of people who have posted that they can get way more than 36 hours. With moderate use, I can get 4 days easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by fondoo View Post
    i've been reading over and over again about the 680 battery issues. there has been some solutions where you should drain it to 0 and recharge it again.
    and then there's the camera/battery patch that was released by palm. has the patch fixed the battery issue on everyones 680? i'm just curious to hear from 680 owners. i am about to purchase a 680 soon.
    Another thing that I have noticed that has an impact on the battery is the type of cover you use. I have a Vaja case and the battery lasts a lot longer with the cover off than on (even with GPRS - arrow - on). Not sure if anyone else has experienced this too...
    Well.... In my case, I've experienced a lot of improvement, Prior to the patch, my 680 couldn't last for 24 hours. Now with the patch, I can "survive" for at least 3 days without recharging it.

It is important to mention that I'm not using GPRS (costs are too expensive in Mexico), but Im using the enfora Wi-Fi Sled... I think 3 days is pretty good for a 1,200 mAh battery...

Regards
    Aguila1808
    Treo 680 - Treo 650 - Enfora Wi-Fi Sled - 2 SD Cards 1GB and 2GB

1% drain in 96 hours on your 650? Did you remove the SIM and put it in your 680? Turn off the phone on the 650 and leave it on with the 680? Those comparisons would be slightly unfair.

And I still think 1%, even with phone off, is wrong somehow. I've had lots of treos and never got anywhere near that kind of performance (180, 270, 600, 650, 680).
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
    My 650 was around 70% when I warm-rebooted it to back up and transfer stuff to the 680, and it's (sadly.. miss it a little) been in that state since. It's been about 2.5 weeks and it's down to 66%.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    My 650 was around 70% when I warm-rebooted it to back up and transfer stuff to the 680, and it's (sadly.. miss it a little) been in that state since. It's been about 2.5 weeks and it's down to 66%.
    Presumably that is in standby with phone off? Has anyone tested the 680 (after the battery patch) to see how it lasts under those conditions (ie. everything off, including phone radio, and no use at all).
  11. tck
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    (Nearly) Everyone knows that Treo 680 battery will drop below 100% if it is charged beyond the time needed for it to get to 100%

So I thought maybe it was the phone draining it after it peaks at 100%; & decided last nite to disconnect the phone from the network while charging. I started charging at 10pm & this morning at 7am, I un-pluged from the AC charger & ..... the battery level was 94% (before un-plug it showed 100%)

So what is discharging the battery when the phone is off? The battery drain rate should be equivalent to a PDA. This indicates, besides the camera problem, there is something else working in the background.

This is something Palm must fix.

p/s : I dont use BT, email, IR.
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    I had the same thing last nite after doing the battery reset, charged overnite and only got 94% 2hrs later 89%,no phone or bluetooth, If I use the sync cable I can get it to charge to 100% and stay there a little while at least.